Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it pulls about 160 at the crank but how much does it put down to the wheels?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Lswanie said:
I know it pulls about 160 at the crank but how much does it put down to the wheels?
The 99-00 Civic Si has been dynoed at 140-145hp to the wheels. Which is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i used to have a ebp and it put out 134whp stock :) all si will put out sum where in the 130's :)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I saw 120 and almost shit. Thank god it's higher then that. I knew that sounded way to low.

Peace:D

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
try more like 130-135....there is about a 15-17% driveline loss........of course all motors are different.........lalala

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is what you guys in the states read on the Dyno, in Australia a VTIR (SIR) reads around the 112 to 120 at the wheels, for some reason your dyno's seem to work out a lower loss through the drive train.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Actually the 99-00 Civic Si/SiR have been shown to only loose 10-12% to the wheels so
160*.12=140.8
160*.10=144

Most cars loose about 15%. So the driveline for Hondas are really efficient. The Toyota MRS supposedly looses only 8-10% or is really underrated/conservative hp ratings.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
CRXtc said:
I THINK YOU GUYS JUST WANT YOUR CAR TO HAVE MORE POWER THEN IT DOES...........SORRY MAYNG...GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE.........STOP HAVING DILUSIONS OF HP....I HAVE SEEN MULTIPLE SI'S (WATCHED THEM DYNO IN PERSON).......BASELINEING AT ABOUT 132-135
Looks like someone high jacked someone else's username and password.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
CRXtc said:
NO....ITS JUST ANNOYING AS HELL SEEING ALL THESE PEOPLE WITH VTEC WHO THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE VTEC THEIR CAR RUNS FUCKING 10'S...........
It's also annoying to see someone who is annoying as you fudging up our boards with your usless comments and quirks. You give car enthusiasts a bad reputation with your immature remarks and baseless attitudes.

You don't even sound old enough to own a car let alone have a library card.

Go back to the play ground and let the older boys play with cars.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
CRXtc said:
you say the same shit over and over...yes vtec is nice but its not the end all be all of motors.........and BTW i dont fucking street race....people that do that shit are the people that give us a bad name....and arrogant people who think they know everything are the other half that gives us a bad name...........
Yeah yeah blah blah blah. I'm repeating myself incase your arrogant big head is too thick to understand it the first time.

No one ever said VTEC is the "BE ALL TO END ALL" of motors. If you believe that then you're a newb.

But the real problem is you and your arrogant thinking. For those who want to see what I'm talking about: http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66996

Grow up and give us some mature reading material instead of your baseless banter you keep trying to feed us.

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
YES, much better now. Could you guys do me a favor and keep it down to a loud roar. j/k :p

Back to the question at hand. The AVERAGE Si makes around 140 whp. Driveline loss of the average Honda is around 10-13% (much better than my WRX which looses 25-28%).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.