Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

How much hp does a stock si put to the wheels?

2K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  CivicSiRacer 
#1 ·
I know it pulls about 160 at the crank but how much does it put down to the wheels?

#2 ·
Lswanie said:
I know it pulls about 160 at the crank but how much does it put down to the wheels?
The 99-00 Civic Si has been dynoed at 140-145hp to the wheels. Which is pretty good.

#8 ·
I saw 120 and almost shit. Thank god it's higher then that. I knew that sounded way to low.

Peace:D

#13 ·
Actually the 99-00 Civic Si/SiR have been shown to only loose 10-12% to the wheels so
160*.12=140.8
160*.10=144

Most cars loose about 15%. So the driveline for Hondas are really efficient. The Toyota MRS supposedly looses only 8-10% or is really underrated/conservative hp ratings.

#14 ·
CRXtc said:
I THINK YOU GUYS JUST WANT YOUR CAR TO HAVE MORE POWER THEN IT DOES...........SORRY MAYNG...GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE.........STOP HAVING DILUSIONS OF HP....I HAVE SEEN MULTIPLE SI'S (WATCHED THEM DYNO IN PERSON).......BASELINEING AT ABOUT 132-135
Looks like someone high jacked someone else's username and password.

#15 ·
CRXtc said:
NO....ITS JUST ANNOYING AS HELL SEEING ALL THESE PEOPLE WITH VTEC WHO THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE VTEC THEIR CAR RUNS FUCKING 10'S...........
It's also annoying to see someone who is annoying as you fudging up our boards with your usless comments and quirks. You give car enthusiasts a bad reputation with your immature remarks and baseless attitudes.

You don't even sound old enough to own a car let alone have a library card.

Go back to the play ground and let the older boys play with cars.

#16 ·
CRXtc said:
you say the same shit over and over...yes vtec is nice but its not the end all be all of motors.........and BTW i dont fucking street race....people that do that shit are the people that give us a bad name....and arrogant people who think they know everything are the other half that gives us a bad name...........
Yeah yeah blah blah blah. I'm repeating myself incase your arrogant big head is too thick to understand it the first time.

No one ever said VTEC is the "BE ALL TO END ALL" of motors. If you believe that then you're a newb.

But the real problem is you and your arrogant thinking. For those who want to see what I'm talking about: http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66996

Grow up and give us some mature reading material instead of your baseless banter you keep trying to feed us.

#17 ·
YES, much better now. Could you guys do me a favor and keep it down to a loud roar. j/k :p

Back to the question at hand. The AVERAGE Si makes around 140 whp. Driveline loss of the average Honda is around 10-13% (much better than my WRX which looses 25-28%).

#22 ·
the guy who said 120 is not too way off if he is descriving the hp at the wheels for a 95 civic si coupe.Stock horsepower is 135hp and about 127 at the wheels.I have a 95 civic si coupe and did a dyno to it and I got 127 at the wheels.it is a single overhead cam not dual.Now the 96 and up come out of the factory now with 160hp,which at wheels could be around 140 mark.

#23 ·
hondalover said:
the guy who said 120 is not too way off if he is descriving the hp at the wheels for a 95 civic si coupe.Stock horsepower is 135hp and about 127 at the wheels.I have a 95 civic si coupe and did a dyno to it and I got 127 at the wheels.it is a single overhead cam not dual.Now the 96 and up come out of the factory now with 160hp,which at wheels could be around 140 mark.
That's even wrong. the 1992-1995 Civic Si came with 125-127hp. To the wheels was about 106.25 to around 112.5 hp.

And to set things straight 1992-1995 Civic Si in the US came as a Hatchback only. Canada got an Coupe Si which is our Ex.

#24 ·
The si is sooooo over rated BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...The Si is sooo slow Blah Blah Blah...The average stock WHP is 138-142. As with any car, there are a lot of things that can affect how a car does on a dyno. I don't doubt that there are a few weak ones out there, but for the most part, its high 130's low 140's.

I'm sure you guys also doubt that the si can run mid 15's also right? Well I ran a 15.53 with just an AEM CAI so haaaaaaaa!!!

Here are some dynos for all you guys...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.