Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,227 Posts
it all depends on the brands you choose. you could go w/ cheap stuff and not spend anywhere near what you would spend on good stuff. if you went w/ a generic intake, a cheap universal muffler, and some cheapass springs you could do it all for about $500, but your stuff would suck...

· Registered
350 Posts
I'm not sure about the suspension, but you could go as cheap as $40 for an intake (Ebay) and $80 for a generic performance muffler (Ebay again) that will require some customized piping. But, just go with an AEM or Iceman CAI and a good catback (Greddy, RSR, APEXi); you won't be dissapointed.

f23a4

· Registered
2,076 Posts
To lower your car correctly...will cost at least 500. To do it right the 1st time, you should get good springs, new shocks, and a camber kit. As for intake...if your not too worried about that extra hp(if that) and the brand name, get the damn generic intake. And for exhaust, a good catback will give you the best sound and performance...but that will probably be around 550. Once again, they're are pretty good mufflers out there, and then just get custom piping, and you can save a few hundred. Like everyone has said, how good of quality do you want? My advice would be to not to go cheap on suspension. w/o camber kit, you tires will be gone fairly quick.

· Registered
766 Posts
well ....AEM CAI will run you about $180...i know cuz i got one long time ago

· Registered
515 Posts
Don't buy cheap stuff because your gonna wind up hating it and buying the good stuff later on.
Stick with the good names and you wont have any problems

· Registered
350 Posts
sttk2k said:
Don't buy cheap stuff because your gonna wind up hating it and buying the good stuff later on.
Stick with the good names and you wont have any problems
sttk is SOOOO right!!! As you can see by my sig I've got the good boltons. However, I began with a generic intake and some POS TRR brand muffler with custom POS piping. :confused: (It was Loud and Ugly.) Now that I have my Iceman Intake and APEXi WS, my Accord is stock quiet, smooth and much faster. :cool:

Stick with the top names to get the most satisfaction. Even if it means you have to save money for a longer period, it's worth it.

f23a4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.