Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much mile are you other luders getting for a full tank. Dam I'm only getting like 225-250 for a full tank of gas, that seems lower than when I first got the car.

I know that I should get less cause it's colder with more dense air which my ecu will put send more gass but dam not that much. Also yeah when it's cold I do start the car for 15min before driving to work.

So any thought and what do you other guys get for totaled miles.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
wow, thats pretty low bro. i get at least 300 every tank.
i would imagine SOME of it would be due to warming it up everyday, but not 75 miles/3 gallons'ish-worth.

·
Registered
112 Posts
mine is 5 gen. Full tank is about 230-270 90% city, 10 % HWY. (22-25 mpg)And I drive hard.

If you have at least 20 mins driving a day while the oil temp is not yet at its efficient temp, your mpg will be lower.

I also found that low engine oil will also lower mpg.

·
Registered
866 Posts
That's seems about right. I'll usually get at least 250 miles out of it but not much more. Only once did I manage to get to 300 miles but that was some serious highway miles.

·
Registered
498 Posts
i get around 260-280 per tank, but that's all city stop and go driving. i can get around 340ish if it's all highways.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
one way to improve your gas mileage is to get new spark plugs, fuel filter, etc.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Get the turbonator baby! More horsepowers and better gas mileage!!!1!1one :p

Haha just kidding... please dont get it. I can get about 300ish on a full tank, and that's without topping it off and filling it back up before my fuel light comes on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i have an 01 5th gen base and i used to get 300 every single time with 12.5 gallons in my tank. But after I got NKG one-step colder spark plugs and I cleaned my fuel injectors I've been getting almost 400 per tank. Oh and I also put in the gas treatment from STP after every oil change (around 3750 miles per oil change).

·
Registered
28 Posts
mine's 97 and i get about 230-250. mine's the SS tranny. friend of mine has a manual and he gets 350 a tank. he hits vtec way more than i do. so i dont know if the tranny has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
ill get like 240 with shell vpower. like 200 if im ripping it around tho. once i only got like 175 but thats cuz i was out with the sole intention is getting killed. i failed tho, obviously. this is in a 98 non sh with stock set up plus an intake, plugs, sumitomo tires and a set of headers.

·
Registered
22,822 Posts
how many times have we gone through this question....but i get between 320-350, have gotten up to 400(road trip) in my 5th gen

·
Registered
603 Posts
On average i get about 245-265 miles on a full tank. That's in mixed hwy/city driving with a lot of stop and go. The best i've been able to achieve is 28mpg on almost entirely hwy driving.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts