Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
tommyT said:
how much money would a 2 1/2 inch drop cost for my accord please help
Newbie..depends on what kind of suspension you get.
spring? coilover?

search:eek:

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Awwwww, we just flamed a newbie!! wth!!!
lol

First off Tommy, decide what you want........do you want to raise and lower your ride all the time or do you want a "set it and forget it" type of deal.
Also figure out your budget, how much are you willing to spend?.....ride quality?......you want hard or stock type of ride?
Many many factors that go into this man........its not just a "I wanna drop my accord so how much is it?" type of deal.
Some companies: Eibach, Tein, H&R, Nex, Neuspeed, Ground controls, IntraX, Weapon R, etc............
See how the many factors and qualities can affect the price?

Try running a search on suspension and lowering in teh accord section. There is a search function on the top right corner.........Hope this helps you out man.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Like everyone basically said...do a search. But a quick rundown. Drops 1.5 and less, you can usually get away w/o a camber kit, just an alignment. But anything greater than 1.5 inch drop, and you will need both. All coilover sleeves and 1.5 inch drop and greater require new aftermarket shocks. Some people say you can get away with stock shocks with a 1.5 inch drop or less. Basically, you can spend 150 bucks, and have a lowered car that rides bad, and has horrible camber that will go through tires every month, or you can save a little, and do it the right way. Search ebay for used springs if money is a problem. 500 bucks should be able to get the job done right. Good luck, search for more info.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
for a good setup i'd say around 5 bills. neuspeed race springs and some koni yellows are a nice setup. then you gotta have cash for alignment and a camber kit cuz with a 2.5' drop you'll have mad camber. im only on a sport drop and i scrape here and there once in a while. if you plan on getting a kit or exhaust or anything be prepared to pick up your bumper/lips/muffler off the road or scraping/cracking your header downpipe when you hit a deep dip you didnt see at night cuz 2.5' plus settling damn that like almost 3'.

·
Registered
500 Posts
bonestock94 said:
for a good setup i'd say around 5 bills. neuspeed race springs and some koni yellows are a nice setup. then you gotta have cash for alignment and a camber kit cuz with a 2.5' drop you'll have mad camber. im only on a sport drop and i scrape here and there once in a while. if you plan on getting a kit or exhaust or anything be prepared to pick up your bumper/lips/muffler off the road or scraping/cracking your header downpipe when you hit a deep dip you didnt see at night cuz 2.5' plus settling damn that like almost 3'.
5 bills for konis and springs? you wont find just new konis for $500. theyre like $550 for the struts plus another $150 for the springs. i paid $610 for my konis. $120 for my H&R sports. $150 for front camber kit. $160 for rear camber kit. and $70 for an alignment and i'm dropped about 2.7". with a xenon kit. sitting 3" off the ground and i barely ever scrape. you just need to get use to taking everything at angles and know where not to drive. my exhaust has never been scraped. downpipe never scraped. only my cat which is no longer there

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: Re: how much money

4BangingCord said:
Newbie..depends on what kind of suspension you get.
spring? coilover?

search:eek:
not nice at all

dun just think springs. u should also consider shocks, camber kit, and allignment. also, if ur not installin it yurself. it doesnt cost lil to install them springs and shocks. so, consider those things.

·
Registered
667 Posts
sorry for being a menie.

I am running with Neuspeed race springs + Koni Yellow Neuspeed endi. shocks. Ride is decent. Plus i can adjust the shock to be soft and stiff.

spring run usually below 200.00 (On internet) and shocks price can vary between 300-650?:confused:

My purchased my shocks for 528.00. There was long thread about hook up on koni shock.

If I got money, I would definately go for coilover system.(not Ground control. TEINS!!) Price range for coilover is 330~1000+?

But surely money is a thing with full coilover system.

i hope this help.

·
Registered
667 Posts
ditch said:
try groupbuycenter.com

I think I saw koni yellows pretty cheap there as well as many different springs
They were about 565.00

There was long thread about koni yellows in
Honda
society
com

Go to 6th gen accord section. GET rid of the slash in the middle.

I don't if it is stil available.

500.00 for konis. That is a killer deal for best shock around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts