Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
teamslow said:
Anyone know what the oil capacity is for a d16 motor???
3.5 quarts if you use the regular size filter like the OEM one. 3.75 quarts if you use the oversize Purolator filter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
1994 Honda Civic D16Z6. If you don't like it, SUCK it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
how do you know u have enough oil in your car when u pull out the oil checker? i just got my hb and when i pulled it out it just had like two holes on it i think....im used to it having a lil hexed reading on there where it says cold on the bottom and hot on top..........

·
Registered
547 Posts
I know your a guy, but they give you a manual with the car when u buy it for a reason, open it up it can be very useful sometimes!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Try checking your owner's manual, there's a wealth of information in there that no ever reads, it tells you how to do almost all basic maintanence (at least fluids wise) and gives you all the capacities for oil, radiator fluid, etc. as well as bulb sizes and filters. Not trying to be a dick, I understand that sometimes when you buy a car used it won't come with one but it's all right there, I still can't figure out why people don't bother to look.

·
Registered
494 Posts
3g6 said:
how do you know u have enough oil in your car when u pull out the oil checker? i just got my hb and when i pulled it out it just had like two holes on it i think....im used to it having a lil hexed reading on there where it says cold on the bottom and hot on top..........
If the oil is between the two dots it is ok. You don't want it to be above the top dot because that means it's too full. If it is below the bottom dot then you better add some oil before you decide to drive it. Basically full is just to the top dot. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
to settle this thread the exact number is 3.5qts (i used to be lube tech at a honda dealer).....and if you dont believe me READ THE FUCKING STICKER ON YOUR AIRBOX

·
Registered
494 Posts
CRXtc said:
to settle this thread the exact number is 3.5qts (i used to be lube tech at a honda dealer).....and if you dont believe me READ THE FUCKING STICKER ON YOUR AIRBOX
Sounds exactly right Mr. Lubeman :D . We have to be nice to the newbies though. I remember when I was still learning all this shit. Although reading is the best way to learn. So when you gettin that Lancer!!;)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
soon as i can come up with 45g's

·
Registered
494 Posts
CRXtc said:
soon as i can come up with 45g's
Hmmmmmmmm . . . might be a while. I do remember now that you had to pay it straight up although you can finance it. Those cars are the shit!! Would whip a Honda's ass anyday!

·
Registered
8 Posts
White93Civic said:
If the oil is between the two dots it is ok. You don't want it to be above the top dot because that means it's too full. If it is below the bottom dot then you better add some oil before you decide to drive it. Basically full is just to the top dot. Hope that helps.
yep thanx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts