Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, to me up where I live body work prices seem extortionately high, and I was wondering what people in larger cities would pay for a service.

What I wanted to get done was rear quarter panel replacements for the Integra.

The range I get from shops around me is, lowest: 3900, High, 4300

To me a range of 3900, 4300 seems pretty steep. I was wondering if that seems high to some.

I was thinking 2 grand, 2 and a half would cover a job like that? But maybe I'm being un-realistic?

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that's awful pricey. Were you going to replace the entire rear quarters or cut out the rot and replace it with sheet metal?
well the RIGHT way would be to replace the whole panel. If I do the patch, it may come back to haunt me, but then again, maybe not?

I got the jobs quoted for the whole panel replacement, and then painting it to match

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can find those rear quarters for around $400/ea. I think $3100+ in paint and labor is crazy expensive.
yeah, he quoted me 535 just for the panels, each.

god, I'd drive to CT just to get my car done, can I pay someone around you to do it for me for cheaper, lol.

· Registered
13,249 Posts
Yea you gotta shop around. I just had my bumper painted and I got a quote of 150 for the done in the garage deal, then 250+ from most body shops, and finally 180 at another shop I found. This is a non painted oem replacement bumper too, some fools were saying 250 cash, but more if they had to prep it. WTF ever fools.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea you gotta shop around. I just had my bumper painted and I got a quote of 150 for the done in the garage deal, then 250+ from most body shops, and finally 180 at another shop I found. This is a non painted oem replacement bumper too, some fools were saying 250 cash, but more if they had to prep it. WTF ever fools.
I've just about hit every shop in town. There is one more place that MIGHT be cheaper, but somehow I doubt that too.

I've had shops flat out turn me away as soon as they figured out it was not an insurance claim.

· Registered
5,636 Posts
yeah, he quoted me 535 just for the panels, each.

god, I'd drive to CT just to get my car done, can I pay someone around you to do it for me for cheaper, lol.
I did the CRX myself, with the help of my father in law. (He does this stuff for a living.) So I just paid for materials.

Could you replace the panels yourself but have them painted elsewhere?

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did the CRX myself, with the help of my father in law. (He does this stuff for a living.) So I just paid for materials.

Could you replace the panels yourself but have them painted elsewhere?
it would be tough, but doable. I'm going to give my first try at body work a go on the CRX.

If it pans out, then I can try the teg maybe? I just dont wanna fuck it up.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd rather have a shop do it for what its worth. I'll have to ask around and see if anyone does body work out of there garage type thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.