Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and couldnt find the answer to my question. I need to find the parts for the auto to 5spd swap. Besides the engine tranny and ecu how much should I be looking to spend on the parts needed to do the swap. The list of parts are
-clutch
-axles
-flywheel
-Pedal assembly
-Shifter
-Shift Linkage
-Wiring Harness
-manual ecu
-Clutch master cyl
-slave cylinder

Im not sure if these are all the parts i will need. If there is a part on that list that i need plz tell me or if there is a part that i wont need let me know. BUt I would like to know how much i will end up spending on these parts. thanks in advance.

Also i have not decided if im goin to drop the h22a or the h23 non vtec. but either was the motor comes with tranny, ecu, power stearing pump, alternater distributer and wiring harness.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
hondaciviclover said:
well i was told that sinse my car is auto i need to get one of these put in. was i told wrong ???? :confused

my bad... i was thinking that you wanted a different one than normally went with the tranny... in fact, now that i look at it, i have no idea why i thought it...

i would expect $1500 for a decent package to do it yourself...

and do it yourself... the shop labor will kill you

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know. the labor is goin to be about 1200. BUt the thing is i need a new tranny and so im thinking i might as well get everything done. so i should budget out 1500 bucks to spend on the parts. damn. I thought it would be around 700 bucks for the parts.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
hondaciviclover said:
i know. the labor is goin to be about 1200. BUt the thing is i need a new tranny and so im thinking i might as well get everything done. so i should budget out 1500 bucks to spend on the parts. damn. I thought it would be around 700 bucks for the parts.

if you go with a junkyard tranny you could keep the costs down that way... i dunno about 700, but around a grand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.