Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, sup
Im turboing my F22 (finally)... i dont want anything to take a shit on me, so i wanna do everything i can to make it ready for boost (10psi)
I know i gotta do the pistons, rods, resleeve it,... how much will all that cost? is there anything else im leaving out?
I wanna run 10psi daily and i need this to not break. Im trying to figure out what the total cost is gonna be. I got $3000 for the kit, but dont know anything about that other stuff. Thanx!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more question too...
I have an automatic, and the way i see it is, the turbo doesnt do much until about 3000 rpms. If i just drive it easy and try not to let it shift past that, does that mean that the turbo wont boost much? Im thinking it wont really be in use unless i floor it. Just a thought Thanx

·
Registered
936 Posts
well, i've been quoted 380 fo pistons, 325 for rods, about 3-500 for sleeves. then the shop quoted me 1500 to put it all in. But i don't really see why you would go threw the trouble of building the motor if your only gonna boost 10 lbs. you can do that stock with good tuning. Second, for normal everyday driving you'll be lucky to see 2 lbs of boost, it doesn't really matter the rpm, it just matters how much u get on it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do you mean ill be luck to see 2 lbs... will it be hard to get anything over that? Do i just have to push the pedal all the way down to really get into the boost?

·
Registered
936 Posts
For normal driving you don't really get into boost. you only get into boost when punching it. In my old turbo civic i had the wastegate spring set to 9 lbs but i wouldn't even really get into boost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.