Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see how much other places offer to convert automatic to manual.

·
Registered
727 Posts
yeah, it's really a hassle. Cuz i do it for $1000. Personally, i still think it's a rip off. But that's parts and labor for u.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oo nahh not for me, for my cousin...He got an automatic sol, around houston it costs about 1g as well, he just wanted me to check price comparison. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dang, 570, good deal...Did you get it done at a performance shop? or did you just go to a regular mechanic?

·
Registered
727 Posts
dang, 570? is that including the price of the tranny, linkages, and all the things you need to convert the pedals and reservoirs? Cuz uzually the tranny itself is liek 300. So labor would be around a hundred after the other stuff too. That's kinda crazy yo

·
Registered
28 Posts
well me and my boy did it....he does a lot of swaps and had a lot of spare parts, i got a brand new clutch too fo free cause he has a lifetime warranty so he took an old one to autozone and we got a stock clutch for free....we still gotta go through and perfect everything...the vtec aint workin, check engine is on, and reverse lights dont work,,,,if u know how to fix all the lemme know....but we gonna fix it once we get some time....its not bad for what i paid....

·
Registered
727 Posts
well duh then, since you did it urself it's 570. I can have it done myself for only about 250. But this guy wants to know how much it would cost him to have someone do it. It's not the same thing hea. VTEC probably doesn't work because of the check engine codes. Check those, fix them one by one, and eventually VTEC will work. When you have an engine problem, the ECU will tune down the engine until it feels that it's safe. VTEC is one of the first things to go. If your lights dont work, you have messed up a few wires. check the harness and make sure the other connector has the right lead going into it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.