Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a guess guys because I'm thinking of getting one but I'm scare of the insurance lol.

I'm 20, good record

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, i got my 93 nsx when i was 20. I was still on my parents plan too and it cost me 298 a month for full full coverage which im sure u would want. that was best price i could get and it was through local agent. It might be a little cheaper bc i had to insure my little brother(secondary driver) who was 17 on the car bc he is also on my parents plan and they wouldnt let me do it anyother way

·
Registered
641 Posts
It wont be cheap, that is a high end car and you are under 25 plus who knows about your driving record. Depending on where you live check www.amfam.com/ get a quote they are usually the cheapest around here, but they are only in a select number of states.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Ever heard of calling your insurance company for a fucking quote? Thought not.
:lol2

If you want a REAL number, that'd be the way to find it out.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I'm going to guess it's one of those things that falls into the category: If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nathan123 said:
Ever heard of calling your insurance company for a fucking quote? Thought not.
:lol2

If you want a REAL number, that'd be the way to find it out.
Why is it that every time you post, youve only got something negative to say? I hope your not that much of a dick in person... Id feel bad for your friends.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
Why is it that every time you post, youve only got something negative to say? I hope your not that much of a dick in person... Id feel bad for your friends.
Is it REALLY a negative post... or is it the only REAL answer, spiced up with a bit of assery? Think about it. I am not capable of seeing something this ignorant without at least taking a jab at it. And you'll find a valid answer in almost any post I make along these lines. You should take a little more time to appreciate my intolerance of stupidity instead of giving me shit for it.

And on a side note, I find it quite interesting (no, make that fucking hypocritical) that your next post was
Sirfallsalot243 said:
This thread is 4 years old you tool.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nathan123 said:
Is it REALLY a negative post... or is it the only REAL answer, spiced up with a bit of assery? Think about it. I am not capable of seeing something this ignorant without at least taking a jab at it. And you'll find a valid answer in almost any post I make along these lines. You should take a little more time to appreciate my intolerance of stupidity instead of giving me shit for it.

And on a side note, I find it quite interesting (no, make that fucking hypocritical) that your next post was
Theres no hypocracy in it at all. In the past 1009 posts ive made, maybe 35 were negative. Of your 2402, maybe 35 WERENT negative. Ive stood up for you before and backed you up when youve mad a good point. But it gets old when every damn thing out of your mouth is either negative or sarcastic. If you think youre being helpful, think again. If you tried being "helpful" in one of my threads, I sure as hell wouldnt take you seriously. If you have such an intolerance for stupidity, maybe you shouldnt be here. Because most of the noobs here START as morons. There may be a valid answer in your post, but never a legitimate one. He posted on here to get an idea from other NSX owners what theyre paying. Getting a quote doesnt mean dick. All state quoted me $2900 for 6 months with my integra. I found a policy later on for $2900 for TWELVE months, with the same exact coverage. Getting a quote doesnt tell you everything.

On that note, the last time i can remember reading one of your posts was a kid with a 92 civic who wanted to upgrade his clutch. You told him his car was a peice of shit, and to just sell it. Is that what he asked? Did his say "hey, is my car a peice of shit?" No. He asked what kind of aftermarket clutch is a good one. You told him to get an OEM one since it isnt worth modding. Really? No one mods 92-95 Civic's? I thought the 92-95 hatch's were pretty saught after. My mistake! But hey, i guess its a waste of time, because it will never be a supersweet Z06 with 400whp. But for half the price of your Z06, it could beat you in the 1/4. And youre the guy always telling people NOT to drag hondas. Your car was what? ~$60k? For 15k I could build an H22 hatch that would embarrass a z06.

Dont believe me? Heres my buddy with his B18C1 92 Civic running 46PSI @ 1315 whp.

8.29 seconds.

Dont get me started that Hondas have no potential. Considering the fact that this honda runs WAAAY faster than your Z06 for a fraction of the price, I think it has a bit of potential.

If you dont like what we do here, be my quest to find a nice domestic forum. Adios Amigo! :clap

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
Theres no hypocracy in it at all. In the past 1009 posts ive made, maybe 35 were negative. Of your 2402, maybe 35 WERENT negative. Ive stood up for you before and backed you up when youve mad a good point. But it gets old when every damn thing out of your mouth is either negative or sarcastic. If you think youre being helpful, think again. If you tried being "helpful" in one of my threads, I sure as hell wouldnt take you seriously. If you have such an intolerance for stupidity, maybe you shouldnt be here. Because most of the noobs here START as morons. There may be a valid answer in your post, but never a legitimate one. He posted on here to get an idea from other NSX owners what theyre paying. Getting a quote doesnt mean dick. All state quoted me $2900 for 6 months with my integra. I found a policy later on for $2900 for TWELVE months, with the same exact coverage. Getting a quote doesnt tell you everything.

That's ignorant. A automobile insurance quote from a decent company is EXACTLY THAT... A QUOTE. As in a number that they will charge you for a certain amount of insurance. If you call your current insurer and say "How much will my payment change if I added a 1992 Acura NSX?", they will tell you EXACTLY how much it will change. There is no mystery.

On that note, the last time i can remember reading one of your posts was a kid with a 92 civic who wanted to upgrade his clutch. You told him his car was a peice of shit, and to just sell it. Is that what he asked? Did his say "hey, is my car a peice of shit?" No. He asked what kind of aftermarket clutch is a good one. You told him to get an OEM one since it isnt worth modding. Really? No one mods 92-95 Civic's? I thought the 92-95 hatch's were pretty saught after. My mistake! But hey, i guess its a waste of time, because it will never be a supersweet Z06 with 400whp.

So... I said "Your car is a piece of shit. Sell it". No.
Actually, what I said was (and I quote)
"Three letters... O E M. Aftermarket to OEM spec is fine, too.
I wouldn't waste any money on putting a beefy aftermarket clutch behind your 1.5 Liters of fury."
And WHY did I say that? Because it is the MOST REALISTIC ANSWER TO HIS QUESTION. Any other answer is telling the kid to waste his money. And I'm not about that. I tried to help him out, and if he took my advice, it was the right choice. So what if I cracked about his engine size. Who cares?

But for half the price of your Z06, it could beat you in the 1/4. And youre the guy always telling people NOT to drag hondas. Your car was what? ~$60k? For 15k I could build an H22 hatch that would embarrass a z06.

Oh, get off it. That is the most tired line on any import board. "Yeah, but I can make my car undrivable on the street, spend 300% of it's value in mods, and run a little faster than your Vette/Viper/Ferrari/whatever." What a damn joke. Imports are NOT NOT NOT a good way to go fast for a little bit of money. Guess what... If I bought a shitty '87 Mustang LX 5.0 and dumped HALF as much in it, I would rape the hell out of ANY Honda you could build.
Truth.
And it would handle just as shitty as your "fast" Honda, and would be just as painful to drive on the street.
Now, does that mean I am in any way jealous of anyone owning an old Mustang or Civic? I think you are capable of answering that one on your own.

Dont believe me? Heres my buddy with his B18C1 92 Civic running 46PSI @ 1315 whp.

8.29 seconds.

Dont get me started that Hondas have no potential. Considering the fact that this honda runs WAAAY faster than your Z06 for a fraction of the price, I think it has a bit of potential.

So, you're big buddies with Sav Leone? Cool. I've seen that car's spec sheet. And I would bet money that his total investment was within a few thousand dollars of mine. Probably a few thousand HIGHER.
And, FYI, 8.29 in a straight out drag car is SLOW AS FUCK. That's why wrong wheel drive 4 cylinder cars only race against each other...

If you dont like what we do here, be my quest to find a nice domestic forum. Adios Amigo! :clap
Yeah. You have a nice day, now.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
"That's ignorant. A automobile insurance quote from a decent company is EXACTLY THAT... A QUOTE. As in a number that they will charge you for a certain amount of insurance. If you call your current insurer and say "How much will my payment change if I added a 1992 Acura NSX?", they will tell you EXACTLY how much it will change. There is no mystery."

Yes, but there is nothing wrong with seeing what others are paying.

So... I said "Your car is a piece of shit. Sell it". No.
Actually, what I said was (and I quote)
"Three letters... O E M. Aftermarket to OEM spec is fine, too.
I wouldn't waste any money on putting a beefy aftermarket clutch behind your 1.5 Liters of fury."
And WHY did I say that? Because it is the MOST REALISTIC ANSWER TO HIS QUESTION. Any other answer is telling the kid to waste his money. And I'm not about that. I tried to help him out, and if he took my advice, it was the right choice. So what if I cracked about his engine size. Who cares?

Why is that a waste? Just because its a 1.5L doesnt mean it doesnt have potential. Any motor has potential with the right turbo kit. And with a turbo, you need to upgrade your clutch. Even if he did a swap- as long as he stayed D series, he could still use that clutch.

So, you're big buddies with Sav Leone? Cool. I've seen that car's spec sheet. And I would bet money that his total investment was within a few thousand dollars of mine. Probably a few thousand HIGHER.
And, FYI, 8.29 in a straight out drag car is SLOW AS FUCK. That's why wrong wheel drive 4 cylinder cars only race against each other...

Yes, and hes probably running a good 4 seconds faster than you. Im assuming you have the LS6 385hp engine, which runs mid 12's stock. If all youre looking to do is go fast, Savs car is a far better investment. Plus being able to say you did it on HALF the cylinders and 1/4 the displacement of a Z06...

8.29 in a RWD or AWD drag car is slow. 8.29 in a FWD 4cyl... is not.

Im not saying that his car is better than yours. Im saying that a 4cylinder has just as much potential as any other build. You say "why get a 8 second civic, when you can have a vette?" To which someone else may say, "why get a vette when you can get a R1 that runs 10's stock?"

Its all about preference. I like my 4 banger, and I like the 34mpg that I get on it. If I could afford a Z06, I probably wouldnt be driving one- but I also probably wouldnt be driving a honda. If I went on a Z06 forum and said "I get 34mpg, fuck all you guys!" Would I get flamed? Of course. So why do you think you can come on a honda forum and make sarcastic remarks about everyones car? While you may have a faster car OTD, we can pay for our car AND gas, for the amount that you pay a year in gas.

Neither car is better, its preference. Just dont flame hondas on a honda forum and think someone wont call you on it. You dont have to be an ass to everyone.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
Yes, but there is nothing wrong with seeing what others are paying.
Actually, there's a LOT wrong with it. He would have to find a person who has the SAME EXACT:
time with a license
vehicle model/transmission
number of drivers in household
Before it would mean ANYTHING.

So, basically (like I said), if you want a REAL number, calling the insurance company would be THE way to find out.

Sirfallsalot243 said:
Why is that a waste? Just because its a 1.5L doesnt mean it doesnt have potential. Any motor has potential with the right turbo kit. And with a turbo, you need to upgrade your clutch. Even if he did a swap- as long as he stayed D series, he could still use that clutch.
Saying a 1.5L non-VTEC Honda has no potential is just like saying a smog era Chevy 307 has no potential. Pretty much true. If an engine's ONE PURPOSE is economy/emissions, trying to get performance out of it is a WASTE. Can it be done? Yeah. Kinda. If you have REALLY low expectations, you can probably meet them for way too much money. I'm not here to blow smoke up people's asses. If you want performance, money is better spent elsewhere. There are LOADS of higher performance engines that you can put in the car if you ABSOLUTELY MUST keep it, and there are even more cars out there that you can buy (for a relatively small amount) that perform better than you could EVER reach with the same amount of money spent on the 1.5L.

Sirfallsalot243 said:
Yes, and hes probably running a good 4 seconds faster than you. Im assuming you have the LS6 385hp engine, which runs mid 12's stock. If all youre looking to do is go fast, Savs car is a far better investment. Plus being able to say you did it on HALF the cylinders and 1/4 the displacement of a Z06...
You assume wrong. The car was 405 hp stock (and people have run 11's BONE STOCK in these), and is near that to the wheels now. If you are looking to go fast in a STRAIGHT LINE, with absolutely NO consideration for handling/braking/street manners/AC/noise/mileage/etc., his car would be better for the money than my car. But he would, again, get the shit raped out of him (as I would) by a crappy 80's Mustang with half as much money spent on it. I, however, don't really give a shit about all that, as I didn't buy this car to be fast in a straight line, and I don't really care about how fast somebody goes with a self-imposed handicap in displacement and drivetrain choice.

Sirfallsalot243 said:
8.29 in a RWD or AWD drag car is slow. 8.29 in a FWD 4cyl... is not.
Yep. Pretty much. And, in the grand scheme of things (like I said), it's SLOW. And that's why they compete with themselves and not the big boys. Less POTENTIAL.

Sirfallsalot243 said:
Im not saying that his car is better than yours. Im saying that a 4cylinder has just as much potential as any other build. You say "why get a 8 second civic, when you can have a vette?" To which someone else may say, "why get a vette when you can get a R1 that runs 10's stock?"
I know you aren't saying his all out drag car is better than my street car. You aren't stupid. But to say that he has "just as much potential" as a RWD V8 is rediculous (notice my last statement). They DON'T. Physics says so. If they had the same potential, FWD I4s would be running 4.4s. They aren't, and never will.

And I still don't really think the net worth of his car is the same, or less, than mine. He has a TON of money poured into that thing (even if it was sponser money). And we are not going to get into motorcycles here....

Sirfallsalot243 said:
Its all about preference. I like my 4 banger, and I like the 34mpg that I get on it. If I could afford a Z06, I probably wouldnt be driving one- but I also probably wouldnt be driving a honda. If I went on a Z06 forum and said "I get 34mpg, fuck all you guys!" Would I get flamed? Of course. So why do you think you can come on a honda forum and make sarcastic remarks about everyones car? While you may have a faster car OTD, we can pay for our car AND gas, for the amount that you pay a year in gas.
I know very well what preference is. And I agree that people drive what they prefer (within their budget). I don't simply come here and say "I have ~400 RWHP, lick my nuts". Won't see it happen that way. I have a lot of friends who have relatively fast Hondas. And NONE of them are dumb enough to tell me it was cheaper to make them fast. Cause it's not. And I don't tell them they are stupid for doing it, because it's something they LIKE to do. It's their PREFERENCE. I'll even admit, yeah... it's kinda cool to make a 2.2L run almost as fast as my car. But, they KNOW that there is a cheaper/easier way to do it (and that is to pick something with more stock performance potential). And everyone is cool with that. I am not, however, cool with people who fail to realize that small displacement FWD is NOT the cheap way to speed. Cause that's not true. And there is no harm in making others aware of that (as it will save a lot of money for the one's who ARE actually looking for cheap speed). It's not knocking their cars. Period. It's simply telling them how IT IS. If you are informed, you do whatever you want, and I'm cool with it.

BTW.. that whole gas mileage thing is another thing people are vastly ignorant about. If you went to a Z06 forum and started bragging about 34 mpg, you wouldn't get flamed. You get laughed at.
I have hit 30 mpg avg to a tank several times. And I average 21-22 just driving around town normally. NOT a gas hog. For the difference in power and displacement, your engine doesn't come up looking all that rosey, comparatively. It's better, but not <1/3 the displacement and <1/3 the power better.

Reactions: organiz3d_chaos
1 - 15 of 15 Posts