Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone.. so i was driving my brothers 97' Honda Civic DX yesterday and i rear ended him while he was driving his GF's car. Can anyone estimate how much this will cost to fix? I know it looks bad but the car still starts up and runs. We drove it home after the crash which is about a 25 mile drive. Check engine light didnt come on.. Sorry for the crappy pics.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what exactly is busted on the car? my teg needed a new rad brace, hood, fender, bumper and it was at around 2800 dollars before paint and install
Im not sure. Im not an expert when it comes to cars. I know for sure though that the hood, one headlight, and left fender is busted. The left headlight (if facing towards it) seems to be pushed in a little. The bumper has a small crack in it so im assuming this will need to be replaced as well?

What is a radiator brace? Sorry for the noob questions.

Oh and btw, my brother decided hes just going to primer his whole car so re-painting won't be an issue.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Im not sure. Im not an expert when it comes to cars. I know for sure though that the hood, one headlight, and left fender is busted. The left headlight (if facing towards it) seems to be pushed in a little. The bumper has a small crack in it so im assuming this will need to be replaced as well?

What is a radiator brace? Sorry for the noob questions.

Oh and btw, my brother decided hes just going to primer his whole car so re-painting won't be an issue.
if it's all cosmetic and you buy used parts and don't paint it like said and do the work yourself.1000 bucks. it's really hard to tell. it'd be easier to buy aftermarket parts instead of oem

· Registered
19 Posts
your radiator brace definitely looks screwed in the pictures so... my brother had the same thing happen in his hatch he even hit his gf in front of him lol but anyways i have everything you need just lying around my house in great shape its all for a 96 coupe though but i dont think theres a difference body wise ...... oh and a radiator brace is the metal brace that your hood latches on to..... umm if you need body parts there already primed so let me know if your interested

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
your radiator brace definitely looks screwed in the pictures so... my brother had the same thing happen in his hatch he even hit his gf in front of him lol but anyways i have everything you need just lying around my house in great shape its all for a 96 coupe though but i dont think theres a difference body wise ...... oh and a radiator brace is the metal brace that your hood latches on to..... umm if you need body parts there already primed so let me know if your interested
lol crazy how it was pretty much the same situation. I think im good on the parts but thanks though. I already got a hook up on parts. Do you know how much your bro paid to get his fixed?

Oh and how much does a radiator brace usually cost?

· Registered
19 Posts
eh we did its really easy theres only one hard bolt to get to and thats on the fender you will have to open your ds door to get to it and theres one on the bottem of the fener to there both 10mm bolts. its all very very easy to fix on your own we fixed his in about 10 minutes after he did it cause we have about 5 hondas in our driveway with about 15 hondas in parts in our shed it's rediculous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.