Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
560 Posts
Leroy said:
Hey..

Could you please give some comments on this damn knocking sound coming out of my engine?

I recorded it.. Please refer to this link to listen..

http://accord.0catch.com/honda.mp3

It's a 92KB MP3..

Thanks!

Well to me it sounds just like my engine a few months ago when a rod slung through the block in my old D15 engine.......It could also be that your piston denotnated (however you spell it) and now its pounding the hell out of your head...Even when I slung a rod my car was still able to crank but it sounded like yours is sounding now.....Sorry Man

· Registered
560 Posts
BTW What was you doing when it started to making this sound?
And if it is what I think it is then you are goiing to need a new engine b/c if the piston deatonated and its pounding your head than you block,head,and valves are FU*KED

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah.. well.. when I first heard the sound.. it was really a gentle "ticking" noise.. after a while it started to get worse and worse.. etc.

I'm planning to get a new engine now yes.. it's gonna be an f20b3 again i guess..

Any idea what caused this to happen to my engine?

· Registered
2,618 Posts
u have to look inside to see what damage really happend...it can be mayn things or just one..or many things caused my one...

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea.. i'll take all the shit under the valve cover out.. But I won't go any further I think..

I expect that i'll be better of to buy a new engine if I can't find it in there...

· Registered
82 Posts
you threw a rod on your car. Do you have a cold air intake. I sucked water into my intake and it started making that sound ever since. The engine finally blew and I threw a rod, which but several holes in the engine and I had to replace it. I put in bullfrog cams and lightweight pulleys, its much faster now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.