Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a car, something fun to drive and has good gas mileage. I've read a lot of good things about CRX's, but they just don't look safe to me in a crash. Are they as safe in a crash as a HB or other compact car? thanks.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
you want safety, get a Kia.

CRXs are for enthusiasts.

Doors come off (very common, and the fact that 90+ rexes have the seat belts in the door doesn't help)
Roof detatches from unibody substructer. (something I know first hand..... twice)

anyway... they don't roll very easy... they also aren't that fast (stock) and they are really comfertable... there aren't any of the safety features you see on more modern vehicles (air bads, Anti-lock brakes, ASM, TCS)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your roof came off twice :eek: but your still alive, so it must not be to bad? So these cars are comfortable to drive long distances and in traffic?

·
Registered
419 Posts
they aren't fast stock... you must be trippin. I for one am impressed with stock crx's, SI of course... speak for yourself.

here in hawaii some people often refer to them as japanese coffins

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
well this kinda suxs.. i was planning on getting a 90 crx and building it, hell, might as just get the 92~95 civic HB. but thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Safe enough to the point that I haven't heard of anyone actually dying. Besides you have ability to swerve and move into little spaces in emergencies and they can stop on a dime. Definitely desnt have the best safety features, especially the 88-89, but most people usually end up in fender benders and little bumps.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Anyway, still alive after a roll accident. . :)

If you have the upper front and rear bar, or may be a bar installed . .you should be pity safe.. . ha

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts