Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a genuine s200 start button on my lude. I don't want to use the keys any more. How secure is this. Could any one still start the car or will it only be activated for use when I deactivate my alarm/immobiliser?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
u still have to put your key in the ignition.....i'm pretty sure u just don't turn it

·
Registered
428 Posts
You'll still have to turn it to the on position. The button acts as you turning it all the way to start it.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
riptide101 said:
You'll still have to turn it to the on position. The button acts as you turning it all the way to start it.
i don't think thats the case.......just think u have to put it in

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don't know about the new preludes but I have a forth gen. If you look at the steering column, you have four positions. 0, I, II, III. 0 is when you put the key in. I is when you apply power to the radio, cigerette lighter, etc. II is when you apply power to everything and environmentals work (air condition, heat). III is what the button actuates which makes the starter work which starts the car. In a forth gen, you turn the key to II and push the button.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
riptide101 said:
I don't know about the new preludes but I have a forth gen. If you look at the steering column, you have four positions. 0, I, II, III. 0 is when you put the key in. I is when you apply power to the radio, cigerette lighter, etc. II is when you apply power to everything and environmentals work (air condition, heat). III is what the button actuates which makes the starter work which starts the car. In a forth gen, you turn the key to II and push the button.
^^^

That is how it works.

With a start button you still need to get in the car and turn the key to the on position, then hit the button.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts