Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 civic ex and i was wondering how to my break pads, if anyone has a site or anything it would be helpful. the front pads.

·
Registered
276 Posts
remove front wheel....get a 10mm socket and wrench...undo the bottom bolt on the caliper (only 2 10mm bolts on the caliper, just do the bottom one)....flip up that part of the caliper, take out old brake pads....compress the piston, put new brake pads on....flip down the part of the caliper, put the 10mm bolt back in

your done..sorry, it's hard to explain but you'll be able to get it once you see what I'm talking about...make sure you turn the bolt the right way or else it will break with out much notice....it's also easier to turn the wheel all the way to the left for the front left side and all the way to the right for the front right side.

·
Registered
949 Posts
a piston compressor.. or wut i do is get a rag, cover the piston (so it wont get damaged) and get a hammer and place it inside the caliper and get a long screwdriver and push the hammer so it acts as leverage... well thats kinda hard to explain but thats the basic idea...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
An air compressor well do the job just don't put to much pressure on it or you'll damage the piston and have to buy a new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts