Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 92 civic (d15b7) lx and i need to change the fuel filter cuz i want how do i manage this. are there any aftermarket fuel management systems i can buy and will it increase any performance and flow of fuel

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
- remove the gas cap to relieve pressure in the system
- disconnect the black/ground battery cable
- have some paper towels handy because some fuel will spill
- remove old filter
- install new
- reconnect battery cable
- put gas cap back on

and no, there is nothing that you can buy that you would need to improve fuel flow. the stock fuel system is very good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm having trouble getting the old fuel filter off. I can't get to the line screwed in underneath the fuel filter and I can't get to it from the buttom of the car because its covered by the stearing column and stuff. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
goon said:
I'm having trouble getting the old fuel filter off. I can't get to the line screwed in underneath the fuel filter and I can't get to it from the buttom of the car because its covered by the stearing column and stuff. Any suggestions?
the steering column is inside the car. i just popped the hood on my 95 civic d15b7 and its mounted on the top of the firewall in the very center. its a small black metal canister. both lines are easily accessible. you MUST be trying to change the wrong thing. you got pictures? ill try and get a quick pic of it with my camera phone in the next few minutes.

theres no way in hell you could reach it from underneath even if there wasnt anything in your way. its too high up. trace the line going to your fuel rail directly back to the black canister.

you wont feel a difference unless the old one was so clogged up that it hindered stock performance. change it every 35kmiles or so, part of regular maintainence. not a performance modification.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
FERIO_SiR said:
Does it help, or it is just a gimmick?
Id say gimmick. High flow doesnt mean much really, the stock filter can flow plenty. For high flow in a fuel system there are really 3 things, pump, regulator, injectors.

ksniperfox said:
you wont feel a difference unless the old one was so clogged up that it hindered stock performance. change it every 35kmiles or so, part of regular maintainence. not a performance modification.
I can attest to this. I have no idea when the last time my filter was replaced before I did it a few months ago. The old one had brown sludge in it :fear :lmao

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
here we go

this is the lil bitch youre lookin for. like i said you have to be lookin at the wrong thing. this is off my 95 civic d15b7

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
commador said:
Id say gimmick. High flow doesnt mean much really, the stock filter can flow plenty. For high flow in a fuel system there are really 3 things, pump, regulator, injectors.
The filter makes a difference for really high hp situations, but for 99.9% of the people out there, the oem filter is plenty.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
kommon_sense said:
The filter makes a difference for really high hp situations, but for 99.9% of the people out there, the oem filter is plenty.

I did not mention that though because as you said yourself most people will never have that much power to make the filter a bottleneck.

·
Registered
526 Posts
kommon_sense said:
Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.