Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RichyRichaPC: said I can do this for $10. Of course he hasn't been back to thread since people are asking how this is done :p:rolleyes:

Anyhow, how do you go from this:

2 this:

That is not my car but I have the chrome like the one in the pic. Best pic I could find on ebay :p
I probablt have to buy the grill since I have chrome on mine :(

Anyhow, there are many others who are interested in how you do this.

Thanks

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
GhostRider said:
you mean how to do it custom? like get the honeycomb grill entead like the si?
first off, you'd have to get a 96-00 COUPE grill to get rid of that chrome fromt the sedans (ew icky! :)) then you can get it custom painted to your body color, then to do just any grill style go to home depot and get "gutter-guard" for like ten bucks, attach it to the back of the grill then you're done.
for the CTR grill, you're gonna have to shell out the cash cause i don't know of anyplace that sells that honeycomb style grill. sorry dude
ghost
How about (the hardest part) cutting the $hit out :rolleyes:
Or are you talking about slapping it over the black horizontal bars?

Anyhow, might as well by the grill already done tehn by a coupe and do it myself.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
The coupe's (I'm sure the other ones are like this too..) grill is 2 pieces.. It's the outer part (the color of your car) and the inner black part with the bars and emblem.. What you can do is, take the grill off the car, and if you look on the back there are screws holding the black part to (in your case) the green part.. Take the black part off, and cut out the center of it.. Then you could put mesh in between the black and green part and sandwich it together (This is what the guy at my import shop did).. Good luck

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Are you trying to get a Home Depot Upper Grill?

Its easy - I've done it before - but I think it looks like shit

Remove the upper grill from your front bumper. Buy that "Gutter Gaurd" from Home depot. Remove the 10 screws from behind the grill that holds the chrome trim on the upper grill. Sandwhich the gutter gaurd in between your stock grill and the chrome trim. Voila! You got a cheap immatation of a Type R upper grill.

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OhSoFast said:
Are you trying to get a Home Depot Upper Grill?

Its easy - I've done it before - but I think it looks like shit

Remove the upper grill from your front bumper. Buy that "Gutter Gaurd" from Home depot. Remove the 10 screws from behind the grill that holds the chrome trim on the upper grill. Sandwhich the gutter gaurd in between your stock grill and the chrome trim. Voila! You got a cheap immatation of a Type R upper grill.
:eek:

Nah, I want to loose the chrome all together :sleep:

· Banned
593 Posts
Heck I did it myself and check it out. I had to redo my upper grille three times and my lower grille 2 twice. It takes time and patiences. But its all worth it. Total cost $10 *mesh grille* and I already had a hot glue gun. And dremel. The hot glue gun is awesome at doing this project and others.

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jeisai said:
Personally, I'm not putting any mesh in there - I think it looks cool without it. Just hollow.
You might want to look for those instructions then on re-routing your hood latch then :eek:

After I read how to do that, I knew I was going to have something there in the way ;)

Psyk0tic: Your grill looks sick!! Mine has no hope anyhow since it's chrome :( $10 and the look is Priceless ;)

· Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jeisai said:
LX, you wouldn't happen to have the Summer 01 issue of Honda Tuning would you? The flame painted Si in it has the grill look I'm talking about.
Orange flames and balck paint? I have that issue if so. What page? I got to go find the book since all my shit is in the garage.

· Registered
960 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.