Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Meso Teggy said:
i kno i got to cover my distributor and the spark plugs wires coming from it but do i have to cover the spark plug cover on the block on my integra when cleaning it?
Be careful when pressure washing or spraying large amounts of water onto the valve cover, when water sneaks into the spark plug holes it makes the ride a little bumpy till it all burns out.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
AaronW said:
Be careful when pressure washing or spraying large amounts of water onto the valve cover, when water sneaks into the spark plug holes it makes the ride a little bumpy till it all burns out.

thanx

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just avoid spraying anything electrical directly and cover up the alternator, distributor, and fuse box (if applicable). Also try not to spray your engine while its HOT. :bomb

·
Registered
219 Posts
i've used simple green on my engine bays too. it works wonders.

haven't cleaned the bay on my prelude in some time (ever) though, so i'll try and get some pix when i'm pulling the engine, and then as i'm getting the engine back in.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I used Simple Green Max. it was pretty cheap from autozone. a little trick for getting the silver letters on the valve cover shiny again is to take some sand paper to them. id say medium-high grit.

before:

after:

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
charliemopps24 said:
I think mine needs more than simple green. I might even try oven cleaner, that's some strong shit.
Thats a good way to ruin your motor , rupture hoses , corrode metal and more.

Use simple green or any engine based detailer product like from meguiars. Itll work like a charm , no matter how bad the engine.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
simple-greened my engine bay today.......simple green :btu in my book, even though there isn't a huge difference....

Before:

After:

:dunno:

·
Registered
416 Posts
that stuff realy works?

Idk I'm just quirky about spraying water in my engine bay, paranoia i have..

·
Registered
20 Posts
k0rupt_ed said:
that stuff realy works?

Idk I'm just quirky about spraying water in my engine bay, paranoia i have..
Just don't spray water in your intake :fear

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any RISK to removing 'sealing' grime?

I'd like to simple green the engine bay of my never cleaned 92 Accord with 170,000+ miles on it...... but.... is there anything protective about the 16 years of oily grime built up on the seals, etc?

Am I safer just leaving it alone, or am I opening myself up to corrosion, leaky seals, etc?

Thanks for your advice!

·
Registered
24 Posts
the purple degreaser stuff

now that shit works so good.. i work at pennzoil... now if you want to talk about oil and getting oil off thinks come to me... i know every trick to getting oil off and out of things:)

41 - 60 of 61 Posts