Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should i cover up in order to clean my engine bay? i do not want to mess anything up?

· Registered
44 Posts
the last time I did a wash, I ended up paying 240bucks to get 3 electrical terminals replaced. There was nothing wrong after the wash. The car just keeps over heating. Had it check and fix for 240. I would cover up anything that is electrical if I were you.

· Registered
195 Posts
I was originally going to just dump some water on my engine but stuff like that above scared me out of it. Basically I used a lot of rags, some water (to moisten the rags), a few toothbrushes, and then some bronze/carbon brushes to scrape the rust and corrosion off the metal parts. I've working on it the last few weekends and it looks pretty nice now. :D

· Registered
235 Posts
I hope.....

I hope im not messing my engine. I just spray the spot free rinse in there and my car is fine afterwards and shiny. Just hope its not messed up been doing it for 4 years now.

· Registered
27 Posts
mmm

go find a hot water pressure washer, spray some degreaser on, spray the fucker and be done with it, just use your common sense, you are not flooding it, and no valve cover and distributor, bag your air filter,etc.... also let the motor and everthing cool off first...
also don't turn the pressure all the way up...it will chip you paint if you don't know what you doing,....
try not to use a hose, it seems like it take too much water that way, steam work the best...

· Registered
235 Posts
shoot.......

Shoot I do it when its hot out and Im in AZ. I don't mean to do it, but my car seems ok for now no cracked heads or anything. I spray the damn.....I forgot what it's called oh yeah the heat shield for the header. You know it has a hand it saying HOT and cross circle on the hand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.