Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received several emails on this as well, so here it is the install directions. I do reccomend the genuine S2000 button as opposed to the Ignited one because it is cheaper. Plus it is better quality and nothing beats the real thing.

You can get this at your local Honda dealer. It is part #35881-S2A-911.

Here is the pin layout:

Pin #1 is the signal wire.
Pin #2 is power.
Pin #3 is ground.
Pins 4 & 5 are unused.

You will need some pin connectors to connect the wires to the pins. Buy about 1 foot of black wire for the ground, about 4 feet of red wire for the power, and about 2 feet of yellow wire for the signal. (you don't have to have different colors for the wires, but this might simplify things greatly)

The power wire must be attached to a source of 12V power. DO NOT attach it directly to the battery w/o a fuse!
You can hook it to constant power if you want the light on all the time, or switched power if you want the light to come on only when the key is on accessory.

The signal wire connects to the wire that sends the siganl to your starter to start. This is different with different vehicles. Your stereo shop will tell you what button it is on your car. I'll let you 5th G guys know which one it is as soon as the Lude gets back from the shop.

The ground wire connects to a solid piece of bare metal in your car. (dUh!)

Thats it! Remember because of the immobilizer system the key must be in and turned to acc. for the car to start. Manually equipped cars must have the clutch depressed.

Please post up or PM me with any questions.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, for 5th G Ludes, look directly under the steering column. Find the BROWN plug that is directly above the grey plug. The signal wire is the BLACK wire with a WHITE stripe on the left side of the plug.

· Registered
174 Posts
Ludeboy said:
Okay, for 5th G Ludes, look directly under the steering column. Find the BROWN plug that is directly above the grey plug. The signal wire is the BLACK wire with a WHITE stripe on the left side of the plug.
Thanks ludeboy,... did you splice into it (and leave the wire still going to the plug) or did you cut it at the plug and wire it to the start button?

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you would like to retain the use of starting the car with the key only, then splice into it. I didn't want to be sble to use the key, so I cut it and soldered the signal wire directly to it.

· Registered
34 Posts
skatin_emcee said:
just 2 questions real quick.

-if you completely cut it can you still have the car in just acc? or can you only have it on or off?

-How do you turn the car off if you completely cut it????
after you start with a key it goes back to the 2nd position anyways so i would guess turn it to 1st to shut off the car like you would a normal car

· Registered
2,221 Posts
skatin_emcee said:
after you cut it you can only start it with the button so how do you turn it off though?
Well the key still works to tell the car it's okay to start-which allows the starter to turn. You are only cutting the wire to the starter I believe. If you have the car running, then turn the key to shut it off, it still does what it normally does-cut the power to everything. By cutting hte starter wire it doesn't disable this function.

· Registered
2,221 Posts
Basically it's just because it's cool to have. Yeah it sounds like more work to put the key in and then hit the button but who cares-it still kicks ass. Now if you really wanted to you could work it out so you don't need to use the key at all, but then I would steal your car.

· Registered
1,235 Posts
Somebody has the pictures of the FAQ ? they are down.... :(

· Registered
3,967 Posts
no point in doing it without the key... you're just asking for someone to steal your shit that way. I mean, I guess they'd have to figure it out first... but still, any halfway competent theif will figure that out in a matter of minutes, or less.

I've got the ignited push button, and it's wired so that the key won't actually start the car, but it does have to be in and turned to the 'On' position... just like the S2K.

I mounted mine in a custom fabricated peice of plexiglass where the ashtray was, right below the shifter. This peice is also home to my nitrous activation pushbutton.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.