Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my car painted recently and now i want to paint the moldings black myslef, for some chips, i used some touch up paint but some dripped on the car, i wiped it away as fast as i could but it smeared. i wetsanded it off with about 1500. You can't see the dull spot unless its reflecting off the sun. will a clay bar work or are there any other restoring methods.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Try this...

First, wash the area you'll be working on with whatever car wash you might use. Then, use some Meguiars Cleaner wax and just rub on the dull spots (rub it on more like you're scrubbing, rather than waxing). Then buff it out.

Next, use some of the Meguiars Show Car Glaze (it will restore the glaze, but it only lasts about 2 weeks). I like to let it sit on the car for a little while (20 min) before I buff it out.

Finish it up by waxing it with Meguiars Hi-Tech Yellow Wax.

*NOTE* No, I don't work for Meguiars...I just like their products. Also, this is obviously not a permanant fix (I'd give it about 2 weeks). It's a little bit of work, but you should be happy with the results. Good luck.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just a thought but why dont you just buff it out the follow up with a good polish?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about polish, are there any polishes out there that stand out than other polishes? and should i use a buffer or my hand?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
the show car glaze _is_ a polish... isn't it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts