Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this must be the most depressing post I've made. My 98 LX has just turned 90,000 miles. My uncle suggested selling it now so I could get top-dollar for it (before I turn 100,000 miles). The thought of selling my baby turned my stomach at first, but from a financial standpoint I think he may be right. Get as much as I can now and get something brand new. So...what's the procedure you recommend? Take some pics and put it in Auto Trader? Put it on Ebay? Whatta U think? AND...I have n2o on it right now. Should I get rid of it before the sale as it may scare off a potential buyer? (People actually think nitrous is bad for cars still...) Here's what I have.

Engine
Nitrous Express Stage One EFI
Nitrous Express Bottle Heater & Gauge
Nitrous Express Purge Kit, Vented from Hood Scoop
AEM Cold Air Intake w/Bypass Valve
MSD Ignition/Cap/8.5mm Wires, NGK Plugs
Tanabe Racing Medallion Cat-Back Exhaust
B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator & Gauge
Motorsports Transmission Cooler

Exterior/Styling
Kaminari Fiberglass/C-F hood
Stillen Touring Wing
PIAA Superwhite 80w Headlight Bulbs
Clear Corners w/Raybrig Superwhites
Clear Tails w/custom vinyl
PolarG Led Bulbs
Type-R Grille & Shaved Front Plate
Super Street Nuclear White Emblems
Relocated Squirters to Wiper Arms (from hood)
PIAA Super Silicone Wipers

Suspension
PowerStop Cross-drilled/slotted Rotors
Axxis Carbon Mettallic Brake Pads
NEUSPEED Upper Front Strut Tower Brace
17" Konig Tantrums on Yokohama Parada's
Ground Control Coilivers
KYB AGX Dampers

Electronics/Interior
Bulldog Remote Starter
Blaupunkt Key West Head Unit
Soundstream SPL 69
Boston Acoustics 12" Bandpass Sub
Rockford 360aII Amp
Rockford Fanatic 6 1/2" Components
Tsunami 1 farad Cap
AC Reverse Indiglo Gauges
Indiglo Gauges Japan Spec (km/h)
Type R Shift Boot
Hands-Free Cellular Interface
Hella Dual Compressor Air Horn

·
Registered
396 Posts
first of all, nitrous is bad for cars that aren't built to handle it. so yes, i'd get rid of it. most ppl won't want a car that's been modified since it indicates (i'm not saying this is the case with you) that the car has been driven pretty hard.
it would make it easier to sell the car completely stock, and you could get more money selling all the aftermarket stuff separately. considering the amount of stuff you've put into your car that might be a lot of work tho....
as for selling it, autotrader would be good. if you plan on keeping all the aftermarket stuff on it, try ebay. otherwise take it to carmax (if you have those where you live) and get an offer. last option would be to park it on the street with a sign in the window.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D16Y8mike said:
first of all, nitrous is bad for cars that aren't built to handle it.
I disagree. If done properly, nitrous can be completely safe for a Honda 1.6L. Nitrous doesn't kill engines, people kill engines. If you have a proper balance of n20, fuel and air (which I do according to the dyno), proper spark plugs, timing etc., you won't hurt the engine. At worst you're putting strain on the tranny or clutch. Tuning is key. I'm running a 35 shot and it's TUNED. So, no, it's not bad for my car.

As far as the rest of your info, I totally agree. I appreciate the feedback. The reason I'm considering taking the n20 off is because of the bad rap it's given in general, not because it has damaged my car. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
678 Posts
man at 90,000 miles your engine is just middle aged for a Honda...and if anything happens down the road...thats your chance for a swap!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
importsolja said:
man at 90,000 miles your engine is just middle aged for a Honda...and if anything happens down the road...thats your chance for a swap!
Amen bro. That's why I'm having second thoughts about even getting rid of it! I just don't know what to do. I've taken golden care of it from day 1, and really don't rape on it too much, no more than a 65 year old guy would. I drive easy. I may just keep it I dunno!

·
Registered
396 Posts
FLAWLESS said:
I disagree. If done properly, nitrous can be completely safe for a Honda 1.6L. Nitrous doesn't kill engines, people kill engines. If you have a proper balance of n20, fuel and air (which I do according to the dyno), proper spark plugs, timing etc., you won't hurt the engine. At worst you're putting strain on the tranny or clutch. Tuning is key. I'm running a 35 shot and it's TUNED. So, no, it's not bad for my car.

As far as the rest of your info, I totally agree. I appreciate the feedback. The reason I'm considering taking the n20 off is because of the bad rap it's given in general, not because it has damaged my car. Thanks for the reply.
wasn't trying to insult you or anything, but in general people who use nitrous (especially those who use it on the street) don't do nearly as much prep work as you. the most the average person does is install colder spark plugs, with zero tuning. like you said tho, people kill engines.... nitrous just helps. :D

are you planning on leaving the rest on the car? aftermarket stuff in general (especially on civic) gets a bad rap and could lower the price.... i really think you'd be better off spending the extra time/effort selling that stuff separately.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No offense taken :) Just wanted to let you know it's all done right, nothing is ever 1/2 assed!

Well....If I sold it I was thinking of leaving it all on. You're the 1st person that suggested piecing it out. I think that's a good idea and I may see more returns that way.

But like I said before, now I'm having second thoughts about even getting rid of it. 90k aint bad, and why would I want to strap myself to another payment and higher insur.? I just gotta think about what's best. Thanks again for the ideas.

·
Registered
678 Posts
i tried to see the pic but some other thing comes on try it..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts