Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did an install on my buddies car this weekend. Hope this helps you guys out!!!

Place the front of the Vehicle on Jack stands..

With a 10mm socket, remove the A/C Line support bracket (circled in blue)

Using a 12mm socket or wrench, remove the 4 bolts that attach the Exhaust Manifold Heat shield.

From underneath the vehicle using a 14mm socket and long extension, remove the 3 nuts that attach the down pipe to the exhaust manifold.

With a 14mm socket, remove the bolt that holds the manifold support bracket to the block.

Remove the 2 lower nuts that attach the support bracket to the pipe with a 12mm socket.

Loosen the two upper bolts that attach the bracket to the block.

Using a 12mm wrench and a 14mm wrench, remove the two bolts with springs that attach the pipe to the Catalytic Converter and remove it from the vehicle.

Using a 12mm socket with an extension, remove the seven bolts and 2 nuts that attach the stock manifold to the head and remove it from the vehicle.

Using a 22mm wrench, remove the Oxygen Sensor from the stock pipe and place it into the header.

This one piece header requires installation from underneath the vehicle.

Remove the front splash shield.

Install the header from underneath. You may have difficulty getting it in, but be patient. It fits this way.

Now the installation is the reverse of the removal. Once done, double check your installation and for leaks or rattles.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
I didn't remove the A/C line support bracket!!! Thats why it was such a bitch to get the heat shield, and exhaust manifold off:(

Oh well!!! Next time I put a header on, I'll remember that little trick :D

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Good job Benny. This should help a lot of people.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
you didnt have to heat up your bolts to get them off? they Were not brittle because of the heat?

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
civickid77 said:
you didnt have to heat up your bolts to get them off? they Were not brittle because of the heat?
Nope, they just required a little elbow grease :D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
v00tecsi said:
Nope, they just required a little elbow grease :D
nice, my bolt snapped off when i was trying to get the heat shield off to paint, but it was kind of a blessing b/c i found out that my header was cracked and i had it fixed under warranty

·
Registered
197 Posts
civickid77 said:
use pb blaster compound, this shit is amazing, it will dramitically help with loosening ceased, corroded, etc bolts

shit is amazing, buy some at autozone before your next install

http://www.pbblaster.com

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this and all the other install that we see on this forum pertaining to Si's and SiR's can be found in the FAQ's sticky at the top of the page. Just to let you guys know that.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
BennySiR said:
this and all the other install that we see on this forum pertaining to Si's and SiR's can be found in the FAQ's sticky at the top of the page. Just tolet you guys know that.
Yeah what he said :D

I'm liking the new sig Benny!!!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
v00tecsi said:
Yeah what he said :D

I'm liking the new sig Benny!!!
Thanks..I threw her together lastnight. It turned out allright. just got to take some pics of the engine bay and chuck them in there

·
Registered
568 Posts
i installed my header tonight. it made it easy with the instructions. it didnt take to long. the header sounds different in vtec. my intake sounded like a trombone, now with my dc 4-1 on, it sounds a little meaner, not as loud. or maybe it is, or maybe even louder. i dont know. it sounds pretty cool. my car pulls a little bit in vtec now.
all and all it i think it was probably worth the $120.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Poodie said:
i installed my header tonight. it made it easy with the instructions. it didnt take to long. the header sounds different in vtec. my intake sounded like a trombone, now with my dc 4-1 on, it sounds a little meaner, not as loud. or maybe it is, or maybe even louder. i dont know. it sounds pretty cool. my car pulls a little bit in vtec now.
all and all it i think it was probably worth the $120.
Glad to have helped out:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good write up.......Ill finally be installing a header this weekend.

Edit: Wow.....talk about back from the dead. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts