Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Camber kit

I bought the front/rear Ingalls camber kit for my civic and easily installed it within an hour and a half with the instructions provided. You simply remove the old braces that aren't adjustable and put the new ones on. They are very easy. Mine came with instructons so, if you get them in Ingalls boxes they should too. Just make sure you plan on getting it aligned right after you put the kit on because most likely you will need it. Later.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GhostRider said:
i do believe that ingalls only sells it as a package, but you're only paying for the fron anyways, maybe they add like $20 to the final price for the rear too, i don't know. i'm getting my FRONT camber kit for $60 at my local import shop. you should shop around some more. ingalls is VERY expensive.
sorry i had the instructions but they got deleted with all the rest of my superhonda v.3 stuff :(
ghost
Yeah, Ingalls is expensive but I am a firm believer of "You get what you pay for".

Damn, maybe someone saved the instructions...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Camber kit

LimeCivic said:
I bought the front/rear Ingalls camber kit for my civic and easily installed it within an hour and a half with the instructions provided. You simply remove the old braces that aren't adjustable and put the new ones on. They are very easy. Mine came with instructons so, if you get them in Ingalls boxes they should too. Just make sure you plan on getting it aligned right after you put the kit on because most likely you will need it. Later.
What did the set cost you? I may just have to get all 4 then :(
I'm going to get the kit shortly. So, I can put it on while changing out the springs with GC's.

Pretty simple then??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Get your camber kit with the ball joints from Ingalls or else plan on some quality time to avoid breaking the stock ball joint. You will need to get a ball joint puller and don't just use the hammer. The instructions are very clear. Make sure the shop that does the alignment for you use some locktite on the bolts even though the nuts are suppose to be self locking. Good lcuk.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99silverEx said:
Get your camber kit with the ball joints from Ingalls or else plan on some quality time to avoid breaking the stock ball joint. You will need to get a ball joint puller and don't just use the hammer. The instructions are very clear. Make sure the shop that does the alignment for you use some locktite on the bolts even though the nuts are suppose to be self locking. Good lcuk.
Ok are the ball joints not included? Are you saying by directly from Ingalls or just go with Ingalls camber kit?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ingalls makes the front camber kit with ball joints and without. Of course the kit with the ball joints will cost more. If you buy the kit without the ball joints, you will need to be careful not to damage the old ball joints and the rubber boot when you separate the A arm and the ball joint. You will also need a press to separate the ball joint from the A arm. Some people have sucess using a large socket and a hammer. If your car has some mileage, you might as well buy the kit with the ball joint because your old ones might be worn. It just makes the job a lot easier. Any speed shop that reps Ingalls can help you. Ps, the kit is also available with stock type rubber bushing or the high performance polyurethane bushing. The rubber one will be quieter and wont squik but not as tight. I picked the rubber for the front and the poly in the back. I have to grease the back ones every two months also. I hope this is not too long.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
99silverEx said:
Ingalls makes the front camber kit with ball joints and without.

Ok, that clears up a lot of this!

Of course the kit with the ball joints will cost more.

Kind of figured that. Know about how much more?

If you buy the kit without the ball joints, you will need to be careful not to damage the old ball joints and the rubber boot when you separate the A arm and the ball joint. You will also need a press to separate the ball joint from the A arm. Some people have sucess using a large socket and a hammer. If your car has some mileage, you might as well buy the kit with the ball joint because your old ones might be worn. It just makes the job a lot easier.

I think I'll buy the new ball joints. Car has 44k on the odometer, but I know I'll break the old ball joints when trying to remove them. Plus I'd rather get new ones.

Any speed shop that reps Ingalls can help you. Ps, the kit is also available with stock type rubber bushing or the high performance polyurethane bushing. The rubber one will be quieter and wont squik but not as tight. I picked the rubber for the front and the poly in the back. I have to grease the back ones every two months also. I hope this is not too long.

If the rubber are quieter why would anyone buy the high perfomance bushings? High performance bushings would cost more right? What is the difference, besides the high per. ones need maintenance every coulpe of months?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Re: Camber kit

LimeCivic said:

HOW THE HELL DID U INSTALL THE ENTIRE KIT WITHIN AN HOUR AND A HALF???

i have a 99 ex and i bought the entire ingalls kit and it took me and my friend 5 hours to install.

the front kit.. we had to take out the stock intake and the battery then we also had to take out the entire front suspension!!

for the rear, it wasn't that bad..

I recently sold my ingalls camber kit set for $160!!!!

the front kit alone cost $170 :eek:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: Camber kit

aznmc16 said:

HOW THE HELL DID U INSTALL THE ENTIRE KIT WITHIN AN HOUR AND A HALF???

i have a 99 ex and i bought the entire ingalls kit and it took me and my friend 5 hours to install.

the front kit.. we had to take out the stock intake and the battery then we also had to take out the entire front suspension!!

for the rear, it wasn't that bad..

I recently sold my ingalls camber kit set for $160!!!!

the front kit alone cost $170 :eek:
I hope this won't be the case for my 98 :confused:
F**k taking out the battery and intake, geeeeze I don't want to do all that :(

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Camber kit

aznmc16 said:

i hope you have all the tools to install the parts.. i was lucky enuf to use my friends auto shop. :D
That is why I have started this thread. In hope to find instructions and the tools I will need ;)

Can I find this in my Helm's manual? Are you taking something out in the front and replacing it with the Ingalls? ..or just adding the Ingalls?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TDGKORN said:
CHECK OUT SPC THEY HAVE BAD ASS KITS w/LOWER CONTROL ARMS. THEY ARE A LITTLE PRICEY, BUT WORTH IT.
I PICK MINE UP ON FRIDAY. I PAYED 35O FOR FRONT ,REAR AND CONTROL ARMS.

http://www.specprod.com/PERF_DIR/PERF_KITS.HTML
Yo! Hit the CAPS LOCK button, please!

Anyhow, here is the kit for the 98 Civic:

Is that how the Ingalls will look?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.