Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my write-up on the basics on how to make a sig. Nothing technical or crazy. I will keep it simple, easy and clean. Take your time, have fun and have your favorite cd or song on because usually for first timers or your want it perfect it will take awhile.

First thing is to create a 500x80 document.
Click File>New.
This window should appear.

This is what it should look like

Next open some photos you wish to be used in the sig.
I like Charisma’s ride and I thought about doing a write-up while making his sig.

Next you can take 2 routes on the next step.
A. you can click on the window of the picture of your choice and click
Image>Image Size…
And you can make the image smaller before you copy and paste it to your blank sig. But be warned, if you make a image too small and want to make it bigger again without using Edit>undo. The quality of the image is decrease and you will need to start over. Then click on the move key which is on my tool bar in the upper right corner and click and drag the image to your blank sig .
B. you can use the move tool in the upper right corner and move the image to the blank sig and adjust the image from there. It is better for me this way than plan A.
It will look like this so maximize your sig window to adjust the size of the image.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next, click on Edit>Free Transform

It should look like this

when making the image smaller do not hold Ctrl like you would in word or paint. If you hold the Ctrl key it will do something you do not want it to do and that is screw the picture. You just have to eyeball it. (what I do). Then when the size is to your liking just double click on the image.

You should now have something like this or in the ballpark

Now get rid of the black border with the eraser tool located the 6th tool down on the left side on the tool bar. Go straight down and take it out.

Now make your sig window small and use the move tool and drag the other image to the sig. You will now see you have two layers, 1 and 2 by the window on the top as you see. First after you have dragged the second image to the sig, we want to flip the picture around so click
Edit>Transform>Flip Horizontal

Then make the image small to your liking with Edit>Free Transform and so on. It should look something like this or be in the ballpark

Now here is the part that takes the majority of the time. Cleaning up. Click on the eraser tool again and you want to erase everything that is infront of the car on that layer only. I prefer you like I do is to zoom in a couple times so the car looks as clean as possible. The Zoom tool is on the bottom left of the tools before you reach the color settings on the tool bar. Here is what I have so far. After I zoomed in I use the eraser and click the down arrow by Brush under the File tool bar and make it size 4 or so, which is what I use. Remember, you can hit Edit>Undo if you make a mistake or click on the actions in the history window in my top right corner. The high you go, the further in the past you will go for those who erase too much won’t know it until u zoom out, since the undo action only undoes one action.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now to fill in all that white space we will use the smudge tool which is right under the erase. If any of these tools you can’t find just right click your mouse on the button and you should be able to find it.

Be sure to click back on Layer 1 because that is the layer we are smudging by using the layers window on the top. You can get a nice big size brush to make it one easy stroke.

It is now the home straight-away. All that is left is text. See I told you this was a simple and clean sig to do. No major effect or anything like that. Click on the T on your tool bar for text and it should look like this.

You will have to move the layers window down to change the color of the text. You can play with font and font size which is located under the File tool bar. Then hit Layer> Layer Style>Stroke…

You should get this window and changed the color to black and made the size of the stroke 3px

Now double click on Blending Options Default on the left off that very window. I made the opacity 62%, it’s the scroll bar under Blend Mode

Next double click on Outer Glow on the left again where you found Blending Options. Change the color to white by clicking on the little color box. My noise was set to 22%, my Speed was 7% and my size was 49px. My range was 50%

Click Ok and you are done. Now to save your work. Click File>Save As. Make sure is saved as a .psd file for future work you may want to do to it and name and save where u wish.

Now do the same and click File>Save As. Hit the down arrow on format and scroll down to JPEG

Save and name it to your liking and now you are done click OK on the next window. It asks for the quality of the picture. I make them 8 or 9 so they are in the 30-40 KB range. Then host the picture and you are done. Nice, simple, easy, and clean.
A special thanks to Jezek, Ferio-Moreno, and itsmycookie for teaching, helping, and giving tips and site to help me learn how to use photoshop.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
fartbomber said:
That was tight.
Check out one of my Photoshop sigs.

Have you ever actually put effort into anything? Or do you just like to whore up peoples threads with the same pointless pics? Atleast put some effort into the pointless pics and make them have some character...

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
dude, dont rag on Fartbomber, sometimes that shit is funny. Fartbomber made my sig so there ya go. Thanks for the write up man im gunna try this shit now.....

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
4_door-Johny said:
LMFAO hey now dont crack on fartbomber he is the funiest guy on this site hands down I would of repped you if I could have fart bomber you da man :number1
Isn't fartbomber a girl?

I admit some of it is funny, but it's getting rather repetative.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Yeah, i thoguht teh Bomber of teh farts was a girl.........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts