Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was the same as pullin a CEL, but the abs light didn't start to flash and the cel light stayed on. I'm pretty sure it's just a wheel sensor and want to get it replaced here asap before I sell the car and/or have to drive on the snow.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I know it sounds easy, but have you tried just pulling the battery connector and resetting the ecu??? I accidentally drove for two blocks after putting my ebrake on at a red light and my abs light came on (annoying with it being orange) so i shut off the car and turned it back on and woolah... no more abs light. It's like clearing non volatile random access memory on a motherboard.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah.. I've tried clearning the codes with an ECU reset. This damn light has been on for about 6 months now and wasn't a priority to me, but now that I'm sellin it and winter is commin up, I need to get it fixed.

The light comes on maybe 5-10 seconds after I start to move and I hear a click sound right before it comes on (dunno if that's part of the bulb circuitry or part of my problem).

Also, what do you mean disconnect the service connector? I jumped the blue plug and all that happened was the CEL light came on and the ABS light that was already on, just stayed on. Neither light flashed.

I know for sure that my abs does not work.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have the parts number for a wheel speed sensor from hondaautomotiveparts.com? I can't seem to find it on there.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
ok heres what it says in the service manual, since you said it stays on, doesnt blink...

"The ABS indicator light remains ON after the engine is started, however the ABS indicator light does not blink any DTC. Check the following items:

Loose or poor connection of the wire harness at the ABS control unit.

Faulty ABS B2 (15A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box.

Open circuit in WHT wire between the ABS B2 (15A) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box and ABS control unit.

Open circuit in BLK/YEL wire between the no.9 R/C MIRROR (15A) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box and ABS control unit.

Short Circuit in BLU/RED wire between gauge assembly and ABS control unit.

Open circuit in WHT/BLU wire between alternator and ABS control unit.

If the problem is not found, substitute a known-good ABS control unit and recheck whether the ABS indicator light remains ON."

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
H22 Bastard said:
112266 front right $94.42
holy shit those are expensive. im gonna go through that list you gave me. the night before it went out i was actually sprayin some stuff down with brake cleaner under the hood, so i may have bumped something or sprayed something on accident. i thought i was being careful, but who knows. thanks again bastard.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have the same problem with my car, the dreaded ABS light,, I got into an accident a little while back - I guess the sensor got messed up along with my wheel but I never replaced it.. I've been to lazy.

It's more of an eyesore than anything b/c my ABS works fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts