Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted before about my muffler being to loud and vibrating my interior and change and stuff.

I have a magnaflow muffler with 2.25" piping from the cat back.

Would having the stock resonator put back on quiet it down a good bit? what about adding 2 of them in sequence? I have no resonator now. it's just straight pipe from the cat back until you hit the muffler at the very end.

I don't want to lose power over stock but i wouldn't mind losing the 1 or 2 hp that i got from the exhaust if it would just be quiet. it sound really nice and deep and everything but it's super loud.

I had my girlfriend drive it around my neighborhood and i could hear it a block away when she got on it. (way too loud for my likeing).

so would my idea work?

I looked into going back to stock, but the dealer wants $200+ for a stock muffler, and 500+ for the whole thing.

I don't think a resonator should be that expensive anyone know?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
shouldnt be to hard to find someone on the board that put an aftermarket exhaust on and doesnt need their stock one anymore. i sold my stock catback for $50. thank god i have an apexi ws catback, its just about as queit as stock.

·
Registered
115 Posts
get a $35 resonator that is 2.25" inlet and outlet......it'll help you out a lot. Putting a stock resonator on would be very restrictive though, as it's smaller than 2.25" on both sides. I think that's what the exhaust shop charged me for mine, but so long as it's the same size, there is no power loss from this.

- Nathan

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i took it to the shop and the problem is solved. They put in a resonator that I would guess is close to a foot long. Problem solved!

The noise level is about half of what it was before. Very nice!

On the highway I just have a mellow rumble not the loud bassy sound it was. Nothing vibrates, i can hear my stereo, it's great.

when I get on the gas a bit it still gets the bassy sound, but not as loud and still nothing vibrates. It's a lot nicer now, I hated it before because i thought the sound was going to shake my car apart. Now it's just mellow.

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.