Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
phrancis said:
You've got a lot of tool bars there. While I recognize some of your processes, Im not a big enough geek to tell you what's bad. Im sure there might be a couple of people that can on this honda board, but you'll have better luck posting your log in a computer forum. The "hijack this" instructions should have given you some links as to where you should post the log.... Good luck

did I post ion the wrong place? Is this not the computer section of SHO? Or are you saying I should join a computer forum? omg, im sooo confused, i just want to check my mail and look at THIS forum, but clicking off 243 pop up before i can do anything is bullshit!

i dunno, i think imma try to get a hold of my "geek squad" buddy again.............

thanks for your help though,
Tim

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
StillAHondaFrea said:
did I post ion the wrong place? Is this not the computer section of SHO? Or are you saying I should join a computer forum? omg, im sooo confused, i just want to check my mail and look at THIS forum, but clicking off 243 pop up before i can do anything is bullshit!

i dunno, i think imma try to get a hold of my "geek squad" buddy again.............

Tim
It's been several years since Ive had to run highjack this so I dont remember where exactly I posted my log, but they did help me out. Im sure there are some sho members that can help you, but you'll get better support from a pure computer forum instead of the computer section with in sho. Im sure someone in here knows this stuff, but the chances that they'll come across your post and have time to help you might be slim - that's all Im sayin.

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial42.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forum50/

·
Registered
695 Posts
check this site out

StillAHondaFrea said:

Tim
www.castlecops.com
this site is really good... they've help me out when my computer was really bad... you can post your HijackThis log and they'll help you out step by step....

follow the instructions on this site first:
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Overview

then register and post your hijackthis log on the forum section:
Forums > Hijackthis - Spyware, Viruses, Worms, Trojans Oh My!
http://www.castlecops.com/f67-Hijackthis_Spyware_Viruses_Worms_Trojans_Oh_My.html

good luck!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmmm....

* Don't open attachments from people you don't recognize.
* Don't click on web pages you didn't open or pop-ups you don't know about; some pop-ups will use exploits to install things in the background by clicking on that "X"; CTRL-W will close open windows.

That being said:
You may run into an instance where you want to get rid of stuff running in the background (like spyware). Go here and download AutoRuns and ProcessExplorer. Both are free utilities, and they'll help eliminate stuff that's currently in memory, and crap that's running from startup.

If you're using Spybot Search And Destroy, go to the tools section, check the Hosts file section and click on the Hosts file option on the left. Add the Spybot S&D Hosts List = this will tell any information requests to known malware sites to be ignored. It's another layer of protection.

Lastly, if you use FireFox (and I recommend it), grab the adblock, flashblock, and the noscript extensions; in addition to the built-in pop-up blocker, this will prevent web sites from running scripts or possible exploits (at least most of them) without your knowledge.

My $.02

·
Registered
19,019 Posts
My neighbor has the worm "[email protected]" on her laptop. I downloaded and ran Hi/jackThis but I'm unsure of what to get rid of. I got rid of the one toolbar that it added "Protection Bar", but it's still redirecting her homepage when I open Internet Explorer (Yes I know IE is shit).

Anyways, here's the list from HiJackThis..... Any help will receive repppp...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:17:49 PM, on 1/7/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VzRs\VzRs.exe
C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\isamonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\pmsngr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\ISB Utility\ISBMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Zone Remote Commander\AvRmtCtr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\pmmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\isamini.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Slide\Slide.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\sony\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis[1].zip\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://as.starware.com/dp/search?x=wKX1ILEOi+UdWpSlz2q9Dzn13Emww/YwZp95Uj5JDwvrV5KePE5tWEEN9vx/Z0Xp8vV6+C9yCrUtx4V2c8T9XXi8y8dGYOp5qyGTOKUhr157uLJnLOHxAvrnofpxWYvIwiUN+kwn7Xg=
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {67982BB7-0F95-44C5-92DC-E3AF3DC19D6D} - C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\isaddon.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Protection Bar - {0D045BAA-4BD3-4C94-BE8B-21536BD6BD9F} - C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\iesplugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mouse Suite 98 Daemon] ICO.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AzMixerSel] C:\Program Files\Realtek\InstallShield\AzMixerSel.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Recovery] C:\WINDOWS\Sonysys\VAIO Recovery\PartSeal.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SonyPowerCfg] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TVTunerLib] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\TVTunerLib\TVTLInstTool.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISBMgr.exe] C:\Program Files\Sony\ISB Utility\ISBMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Update 2] "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Update 2\VAIOUpdt.exe" /Stationary
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\isuspm.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VZRemoteCommander] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Zone Remote Commander\AvRmtCtr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SsAAD.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [trioService] "C:\PROGRA~1\Freeze.com\Halloween\\trioService.exe "
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAZAA] C:\Program Files\Kazaa\kazaa.exe /SYSTRAY
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dc6_check] C:\Program Files\SystemDoctor 2006 Free\dcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USDR6cw] C:\Program Files\SystemDoctor 2006 Free\USDR6cw.exe -c
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [RPCInstall] C:\DOCUME~1\sony\LOCALS~1\Temp\REGISTRYFIX.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe
O4 - Startup: Slide.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Slide\Slide.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Windows &Live Favorites - http://favorites.live.com/quickadd.aspx
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open in new background tab - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\Components\en-us\msntabres.dll.mui/229?de3ed37090ff478284f0242e9dbaac20
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open in new foreground tab - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\Components\en-us\msntabres.dll.mui/230?de3ed37090ff478284f0242e9dbaac20
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52/20061205/qtinstall.info.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} (Symantec Download Manager) - https://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {A8683C98-5341-421B-B23C-8514C05354F1} (FujifilmUploader Class) - http://photo.walmart.com/photo/uploads/FujifilmUploadClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

·
Registered
19,019 Posts
And the rest.....

O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://clubgames.pogo.com/online2/pogop/chuzzle/popcaploader_v6.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O18 - Filter: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxdev.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: VESWinlogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VESWinlogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: carbinyl - {8d8c2387-7f80-4022-9be6-43630a969558} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\gwquvw.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: Image Converter video recording monitor for VAIO Entertainment - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\Image Converter 2\IcVzMon.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\MSCSPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\PACSPTISVR.exe
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: SonicStage SCSI Service (SSScsiSV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SSScsiSV.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment Aggregation and Control Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VzRs\VzRs.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment Task Scheduler - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\vaio entertainment\VzTaskScheduler.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment TV Device Arbitration Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCs\VzHardwareResourceManager\VzHardwareResourceManager.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Event Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Event Service\VESMgr.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-AppServer) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\VMISrv.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="Applications\IntegratedServer\HTTP (file missing)
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Gateway Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\VmGateway.exe" /Service=VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway /RegRoot="SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\VAIO Media Platform\2.0" /RegExt="\Addons\Packages\Mobile\Gateway" /DisplayName="VAIO Media Gateway Server (file missing)
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment UPnP Client Adapter (Vcsw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VCSW\VCSW.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment Database Service (VzCdbSvc) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzCdbSvc.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment File Import Service (VzFw) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment Platform\VzCdb\VzFw.exe

·
Registered
59 Posts
ihatericers said:
You can delete these. Starware is questionable, and the other one is a non-usable entry.

ihatericers said:
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {67982BB7-0F95-44C5-92DC-E3AF3DC19D6D} - C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\isaddon.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Protection Bar - {0D045BAA-4BD3-4C94-BE8B-21536BD6BD9F} - C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\iesplugin.dll
isaddon.dll is considered a trojan/spayware.
The iesplugin.dll isn't needed.

ihatericers said:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\isuspm.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
These aren't really needed. They're for the install shield update manager.

ihatericers said:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SsAAD.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\Sony\SONICS~1\SsAAD.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [trioService] "C:\PROGRA~1\Freeze.com\Halloween\\trioService.exe "
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
SsAAD.exe is a hard drive monitor, and isn't needed most of the time.
trioservice.exe can possibly be malware.
qttask.exe is not necessary and takes up resources that could be better used for other things on a laptop.

ihatericers said:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAZAA] C:\Program Files\Kazaa\kazaa.exe /SYSTRAY

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dc6_check] C:\Program Files\SystemDoctor 2006 Free\dcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USDR6cw] C:\Program Files\SystemDoctor 2006 Free\USDR6cw.exe -c
Kazaa - there are better and faster apps out there than Kazaa. Dump this.
SystemDoctor is considered to be spyware by many other spyware removal tools.
ihatericers said:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe
O4 - Startup: Slide.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Slide\Slide.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
Is MySpace really necessary? Delete if not needed.
Verify if Slide.exe is needed.
Adobe Speed Launch is *definitely* not needed at startup. Remove this.
ihatericers said:
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
These are questionable, and I'd remove these or disable them if possible.
ihatericers said:
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52/20061205/qtinstall.info.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {6A344D34-5231-452A-8A57-D064AC9B7862} (Symantec Download Manager) - https://webdl.symantec.com/activex/symdlmgr.cab
These aren't necessary, and can be removed.

Before starting HiJaak or starting Windows again, press F8 after your next boot, and put the machine into safe mode. This will prevent most of these from loading, and make removal easier.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ihatericers said:
And the rest.....

O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://clubgames.pogo.com/online2/pogop/chuzzle/popcaploader_v6.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O18 - Filter: text/html - (no CLSID) - (no file)
Safe to delete.
ihatericers said:
O21 - SSODL: carbinyl - {8d8c2387-7f80-4022-9be6-43630a969558} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\gwquvw.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O21 looks to be a virus or spyware that is no longer working.
O23 isn't really needed.
Delete both.
ihatericers said:
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
Files missing. Delete the entries and reinstall the Symantec/Norton tools again.

There's more to the log file, isn't there? No entries for the DNS servers? Typically, spyware/malware will redirect the computer to specific DNS server entries to prevent searches and home pages other than what they specify.

I'm also gonna guess that the anti-virus is out of date and expired. Either get a new copy or buy another year of support.

Plus, download the Microsoft Windows Defender. It's free, and the company that M$ bought it from, did a good job in making it a decent spyware protection app.

My $.02

·
Registered
19,019 Posts
GameTraveler said:
Safe to delete.

O21 looks to be a virus or spyware that is no longer working.
O23 isn't really needed.
Delete both.

Files missing. Delete the entries and reinstall the Symantec/Norton tools again.

There's more to the log file, isn't there? No entries for the DNS servers? Typically, spyware/malware will redirect the computer to specific DNS server entries to prevent searches and home pages other than what they specify.

I'm also gonna guess that the anti-virus is out of date and expired. Either get a new copy or buy another year of support.

Plus, download the Microsoft Windows Defender. It's free, and the company that M$ bought it from, did a good job in making it a decent spyware protection app.

My $.02
Thank you

As far as the log file that is all that I saw/see. I'm relatively computer literate... but wtf's a DNS server. It was redirecting the homepage to an anti-spyware site, but it doesn't do that anymore.

She downloaded a new version of Norton last night, or the night before.

I'll go download Microsoft Windows Defender.

Thanks again, I think it's getting back to normal now.

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
hey guys. when i start to produce music on my computer, it runs fine at first. for like 10 mins, than it starts to skip, studder and just mess up. i didn't load anything, i'm jus clicking my bars to move sounds around. not loading any plugins or nothing like that. even though they are already loaded and were working fine for the first 10 mins.

wtf is going on? like the computer loses speed all of a sudden. and its not just my music software, the whole computer starts to slow down. like maximizing/minimizing windows take longer, clicking tabs on mozilla take forever to click to. pain in the ass.

any clues? cuz i scanned my computer and it has no virus's, and i scanned with spybot and it cleaned everything out. adaware sucks, it doesn't want to update anymore. suggestions welcome plz.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ihatericers said:
Thank you

As far as the log file that is all that I saw/see. I'm relatively computer literate... but wtf's a DNS server. It was redirecting the homepage to an anti-spyware site, but it doesn't do that anymore.

She downloaded a new version of Norton last night, or the night before.

I'll go download Microsoft Windows Defender.

Thanks again, I think it's getting back to normal now.
Hopefully the antivirus software installed completely and updated. If it did (which is what it sounds like); shut down the computer, and restart from power up (just restarting the computer might not catch everything), and before you see the Windows loading screen, push F8. This will show a text screen with options to start the computer in safe mode. (Not sure if you know all this, but adding it for those who may not). Safe mode won't load anything except the basic drivers and system files to get the computer running--this also prevents most any virus or spyware from running; you can't remove any virus or spyware normally, since it would typically re-install itself in the background.

After you've got her laptop in safe mode, run the anti-virus. And hopefully, you've already installed the Windows Defender, you can run that scan. Let it run by itself, and tell your friend she needs to buy you dinner--it's probably gonna take that long to scan the hard drive.

As for the DNS servers, Domain Name System, is like directory assistance for the internet. The internet talks numbers like 216.239.37.104; but people prefer to remember the actual address like www.google.com The DNS server helps to route a request for a web page--the DNS server would understand that 216.239.37.104 = www.google.com

I would also guess that the DNS server settings that show up in the HiJaak log may also be pointing to the wrong DNS servers (this type of information should be received from the network you're connected to).

Hope it helps!

My $.02

·
Registered
59 Posts
Boricua said:
hey guys. when i start to produce music on my computer, it runs fine at first. for like 10 mins, than it starts to skip, studder and just mess up. i didn't load anything, i'm jus clicking my bars to move sounds around. not loading any plugins or nothing like that. even though they are already loaded and were working fine for the first 10 mins.

wtf is going on? like the computer loses speed all of a sudden. and its not just my music software, the whole computer starts to slow down. like maximizing/minimizing windows take longer, clicking tabs on mozilla take forever to click to. pain in the ass.

any clues? cuz i scanned my computer and it has no virus's, and i scanned with spybot and it cleaned everything out. adaware sucks, it doesn't want to update anymore. suggestions welcome plz.
What else is running in the background? When you see the task manager, what else is listed? How much hard drive space do you have left? How much RAM do you have in your computer? When was the last time you defragmented your hard drive?

First thing that comes to mind, is that you have enough hard drive space to produce the 10 minutes of music and the memory requirements aren't too high, but after loading a certain amount of plug-ins and having capture a certain amount of time in production, your system doesn't have enough resources (hard drive space and RAM) to keep up with it all.

My $.02

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
GameTraveler said:
What else is running in the background? When you see the task manager, what else is listed? How much hard drive space do you have left? How much RAM do you have in your computer? When was the last time you defragmented your hard drive?

First thing that comes to mind, is that you have enough hard drive space to produce the 10 minutes of music and the memory requirements aren't too high, but after loading a certain amount of plug-ins and having capture a certain amount of time in production, your system doesn't have enough resources (hard drive space and RAM) to keep up with it all.

My $.02
i have 73gb left on my hd, i have 512mb of ram. i defragmented my computer last month.

everything runs fine for like 10 to 15 mins. all plugins loaded, its beautiful. then all of a sudden it starts to lag, studder, and sound stupid.

it has to be spyware or something cuz this started happening and i'm not the type of person that downloads new programs and watever. im very simplistic and i mainly use my computer for music production. i never had this issue before. so it can't be that my computer isn't meant for these programs to be run.

i wonder wtf it is. i ran adaware "finally updated that sob" i ran spybot, and my panda antivirus. it deleted everything bad and i still have this issue. its probably a spyware program thats playing in the background that was downloaded. i dunno.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Boricua said:
i
everything runs fine for like 10 to 15 mins. all plugins loaded, its beautiful. then all of a sudden it starts to lag, studder, and sound stupid.
You sure the hard drive isn't about to take a dump? My laptop would run fine for 15-20 min then all of a sudden lag and make funny sounds, with normal processes and no big apps running. The bearings in the platters were going, I think. Replaced the HD and reinstalled everything - runs like a champ again (well, for an old celeron laptop...)

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
phrancis said:
You sure the hard drive isn't about to take a dump? My laptop would run fine for 15-20 min then all of a sudden lag and make funny sounds, with normal processes and no big apps running. The bearings in the platters were going, I think. Replaced the HD and reinstalled everything - runs like a champ again (well, for an old celeron laptop...)
Im sure its just spyware. i just can't find it. it just started doing this. never had this problem before.

my hd makes no noises, its jus the whole computer goes into slow mode.

ex. like just now, it took me a while for mozilla to load. it then said it wasn't responding because it lagged so bad. then it came back to normal speed again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Boricua said:
i have 73gb left on my hd, i have 512mb of ram. i defragmented my computer last month.
If you use your computer often, and save lots of files (doesn't matter what the file size is in the long run), then defragmenting once a month may not be enough.

Boricua said:

it has to be spyware or something cuz this started happening and i'm not the type of person that downloads new programs and watever. im very simplistic and i mainly use my computer for music production. i never had this issue before. so it can't be that my computer isn't meant for these programs to be run.

i wonder wtf it is. i ran adaware "finally updated that sob" i ran spybot, and my panda antivirus. it deleted everything bad and i still have this issue. its probably a spyware program thats playing in the background that was downloaded. i dunno.
When you have the task manager up and running, do you notice the little box next to your clock at the bottom right corner? The amount of green in that box indicates how hard your computer is thinking.

Click on the Performance tab. As a guideline, if the Peak number in the commit charge box is larger than the Total in the Physical Memory box, then your computer is having to use your hard drive space for virtual memory to handle what you're working on.

Your music program probably also opens up a temporary file to work on, while you have your production playing--now the hard drive has two large files to deal with, not counting any hard drive access needed for anything running in the background and any additional space needed for each plugin you load.

Looking at just your task manager pix, you have a Lexmark printer, Panda Antivirus Titanium, photoshop (which also has it's *own* virtual/swap file), winamp, and the Microsoft Windows Defender running, besides the usual Windows stuff.

On top of this, with all that running, you've got the CPU at 51% (windoze seems to prefer something below 20% to appear responsive), and your commit charge is 634 MB or 1981 MB <== 634 MB is more than your actual physical RAM amount, and the hard drive is definitely doing double work just to show any single particular action; plus your computer is moving at the speed of your hard drive, not your RAM by this point.

1) Look here. To figure out what type of RAM your computer needs, and approximately how much it may cost.
2) 73GB may sound like a lot, but hard drives are cheap(er) and getting more so. You may consider adding a 2nd one, and moving anything you work on to the new drive. You might even look into getting a faster drive. Even the 750GB hard drives (Seagate and others have these on the market) are respectable and definitely not slouches; the other direction is 150GB but the drive is moving nearly 30% faster (Raptor hard drives by Western Digital move at 10,000 RPM).
3) Shop around. Use the info from the above points, and look at vendors like NewEgg or even Amazon (no tax and free shipping for me). Heck, even Woot has some cheap deals every now and then.

My $.02

P.S. My taskmanager looks more like the attachment. But this machine has 1 GB of RAM and usually shows less than 25% CPU utilization at any given time. The peak commit may hit as much as 800MB, but hasn't exceeded the total physical RAM amount. I've got it moving as fast as it could go, on physical RAM alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
81 - 100 of 100 Posts