Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
728 Posts
Tenchi said:
Don't you also turn the car on and leave it at idol for a minute or two? Then you turn it off and then turn on again and drive. Are these steps unessessary?

All I did once was to remove the battery cable for a few minutes...put it back, start the engine and done deal.....I had to reprogram the radio.....which was a breeze......

· Registered
50 Posts
Supamatt said:
I've heard a lot of people say that with ODB II you don't even have to reset the ECU, it will pick it up automatically. But, I would still. Just to be sure.
from what ive heard it does pick up automatically but it takes time. After driving for a while the new settings will gradually replace the old ones.

· Registered
794 Posts
LudeAction said:
obd2 has a "learn" feature which means the stock settings will slowlycome back, thats why you wanna reset it every few months..
Hmm are you sure it ain't the other way around, 'I heard', that it learns the new settings and should stay that way. What you just wrote just doesn't seem right to me, but what do I know :) ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.