Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a b16a engine and i have just brought a 75 dry kit. I have bean reading all the time that i have to retared my timing. HOW DO I DO THIS ON MY ENGINE?. i also would like to know is that i will only be using NOS on the track so if i retard my timing will my car still run as good when iam not using NOS, or do i put my timing back to normal when not using nos. I have a chip on my car so will this be able to be programed to do this atomaticly.

i need your help

thanks

185bhp civic

· Registered
314 Posts
Yeah, if you've got an aftermarket chip, more than likely it advances your timing, so you'll want to check into that first and more than likely you'll have to toss the chip. I recommend picking up either a MSD Digital 6 ignition or a Jacobs Nitrous Mastermind to handle your timing. That way your timing will only be retarded when spraying and you will have full ignition timing when off the bottle.

· Registered
604 Posts
there is no red mark on my 95 Prelude Vtec....(on the flywheel)...
there is only a white cross like figure....although helms keeps on referring to a red mark on my flywheel....there isn't one at all...

i moved the distributor around and set the timing gun to all sorts of number but no red mark......

i just used the white cross and but it at 15 degrees and retarded it down to 11 degrees....

is it correct?????

· Registered
4,212 Posts
95PRELUDEVTEC said:
there is no red mark on my 95 Prelude Vtec....(on the flywheel)...
there is only a white cross like figure....although helms keeps on referring to a red mark on my flywheel....there isn't one at all...

i moved the distributor around and set the timing gun to all sorts of number but no red mark......

i just used the white cross and but it at 15 degrees and retarded it down to 11 degrees....

is it correct?????
Acutally its more like white mark.

I usually run 16-17 timing with NA, with nitrous i would put it into 11-14 but if im runng on the street, I set it at 13

· Registered
666 Posts
You only want to pull timing when you spray, otherwise you are giving away hp the 99% of the time you are not on the bottle. Use an electronic controller. I think the Jacobs will pull timing automatically.

Also, you can run a 75 shot dry, but it is safer wet and the plumbing is not that much more difficult.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.