Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a high output alternator for my 95 civic, and trying to figure out how to upgrade the power wire. It seems like the power wire has a lot of wires connected to it, and I'm not sure if I will be able to reconnect them after I upgrade it. Or can I just leave the stock wire alone and add another heavy guage wire?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
tegggy said:
I still need to do this! Is this a gimmick? or would something like this help even more? Sounds outrageously priced. :eek
I don't see any way plugging that into your cigarette lighter could help your car's electrical system. That makes no sense. It's a gimmick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The_Producer said:
I am slightly confused on the wording you used... You're talking about ground wires right? With the Alternator are you upgrading the positive or the ground?? And where can you find a high output alternator for integras? :)
In general yo uwould want to upgrade both pos and neg. You car is a continous circle of electricity starting from the pos terminal or your battery running thru your system and ending at the neg terminal. If you upgrade one side (pos or neg) you are still leaving a weak link in the chain. Upgrade your pos and neg matching all gauges to your amp alt and cap and with these big wires and properly attached connector and fuses your system will run smoother and not dim the rest of your electrical system as much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
dPansing119 said:
I don't see any way plugging that into your cigarette lighter could help your car's electrical system. That makes no sense. It's a gimmick.

It looks like they took the picture off the site, i say gimmick. No matter what it is, you cant help your cars electrical system by plugging in something at your cig lighter. If it does help technically then probably just enought to sell with out lying, which is wrong anyways.

·
Registered
13 Posts
kpb said:
Where is a good place to buy heavy wire, connectors, and a fuse to do this?

Thanks for the good info.

Any shop would carry it, soon i will carry it also, its just not listed on the site yet. if you need some soon let me know.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.