Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how exactly does one wire an LED to come on only when there is a 12v signal through a line? my throttle position sensor has a wire that gradually increases strength as throttle comes closer to 100%, but at WOT, the signal strength is at 12v. i want to tap an LED indicator to that to come on at WOT (dont ask why... haha :D).

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
are you sure that its 12V? MY crx is 4.5V but anyways im not sure how you would do it you would need some kind of relay that will only engage at the full voltageim not even sure if it would be possible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im pretty sure its a 12v signal (thats what one of the guys from 7thgen says and hes gone through hell sorting out the VAFC-II on his car).

relays? hmmm ill maybe look itup, anymore ideas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe prolly shouldve said that in the first place

2004 civic coupe EX

oh yeah one more thing, could someone explain the circuitry behind an adjustable shiftlight? i found the RPM wire going intot he gauge cluster and i have access to a multimeter so i can check the voltages of the wire signal and different RPM's. is there a way to build a light with an LED if you know the voltages so that the LED comes on AT those set voltages? this is kinda similar to the whole 12v thing before with the WOT indicator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts