Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our season is now over for the 2002 season. We begin the 2003 season next month. I finished 2nd in points in STS, but didnt have enough events to get a trophy. It will be my last year in STS, as the car is dead and gone.

Next year, hopefully will see some E-stock action.

So now that ive explained my situation, how is everyone else's season wrapping up?

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Our summer series wrapped up in August. I placed 1st in points by ALOT! :) I also took 1st in PAX twice. I took 3rd in PAX at the Subaru sponsored Solo II event in NJ September 22th. Got $75 for that. I'm 2nd in points for the Valvoline Cup - COME ON 1st place :)

Our fall series started up two weeks ago and so far so good :) These are more fun events: multi-laps, average of best 3 out of 5 laps, and Australian Pursuit....

I've also gotten faster and started catching up to alot of the National drivers in my area :) I beat an Evolution instructor this weekend: his car (MR2 NA in ES versus me in STS). Got him by .4 seconds in PAX :)

· Registered
56 Posts
I won the championship for TSSCC's (regional club here in the Chicagoland area) Street Tire class (it's a mini PAXed class that does not allow R compounds, about 40-50 competitors per event).
We also have the same class at Chicago Region SCCA and I'm leading that one, but with a 2 day event coming up and 4 competitors breathing down my neck that could take the lead away from me, it's gonna take some good driving to win the championship. Next year I'll be running race rubber in BS in an S2000 getting my ass whooped by several National level drivers hehehe. Looking forward to it too. hehehe

James Yom

· Registered
1,833 Posts
PseudoRealityX said:
i better see you at some national events next year mike. Bring the little one along with you:)
This weekend I beat an (I think) an Evolution Instructor - Chris Janusz - in PAX by .4 seconds. He drives an ES MR2.

He told me today that I should have gone to Nationals as I would have done very well. I said WOW! :) He's like the 5th or 7th person to tell me that.

Now I gotta go next year :)

· Registered
11 Posts
This year was great for me! This is my third year and I only went about 10 events total so far in my life. I went about 15events this year and I placed consistantly top-5. Also I won CenDiv Championship point ranking in STS. It was my rookie year in CenDiv, so I'm really proud of it. I went to Kansas for National and first day, I was in 8th spot, second day I hit cones every runs so it placed me 28th out of 50 cars. Well, with cones and 28th. I also went ProSolo and got 4th place and got a trophie! This year was my first year getting serious about Auto-X and I did pretty well! I hope I will do better next season and hope I will get top-3 in National!

· Registered
1,833 Posts
civicshin said:
This year was great for me! This is my third year and I only went about 10 events total so far in my life. I went about 15events this year and I placed consistantly top-5. Also I won CenDiv Championship point ranking in STS. It was my rookie year in CenDiv, so I'm really proud of it. I went to Kansas for National and first day, I was in 8th spot, second day I hit cones every runs so it placed me 28th out of 50 cars. Well, with cones and 28th. I also went ProSolo and got 4th place and got a trophie! This year was my first year getting serious about Auto-X and I did pretty well! I hope I will do better next season and hope I will get top-3 in National!
WOOT! Congrats!!!

· Registered
58 Posts
civicshin said:
I will be trying to hit a majority of the CenDiv events next year too, I'll see you out there. :D

· Registered
1,402 Posts
I finished 3rd over all in SM2. hard to compete with the damn miata's but the Z will not see autox action next season. I'm currently looking for a S13 or 5gen lude.

· Banned
2,834 Posts
Who Me?

I'm still goin strong...

After my first full year I finally placed 1st in Street Mod in my most local club Not a season points standing but, an accomplishment nonetheless for me, "see my earlier post."

I also attended a Tristate competition and placed 3rd in SM behind a good friend of mine that is a Pro level driver and also M. Daddio The SCCA National SM champion. Unfortunately a Ford Focus flipped over Right in front of me on my first run. Kinda sent chills down my spine as I took the rest of the course run at 1/2 speed after the red flag went wild. The driver was OK, the car was totalled and the whole rest of the day went on without a hitch.

For the record, NY lost to CT by almost 50 points,"but, we are attributing this to poor NY driver turn out, OF COURSE WE ARE!"

I have raced with 5 different clubs and both NASA and SCCA events this year for a total of 12 races and will end this race season Not points season with my first HPDE at Limerock park, coming November 11th.

Congrats to all that placed well, I have a race this weekend and next so we'll see how I finish up.

And I just can't wait for some High Speed Driving to round up my very pleasurable FIRST FULL AUTOCROSS SEASON...

Good luck to all and have a safe winter. Spring is just around the corner as winter plans and work makes way for test and tune time again.:D

A.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Who Me?

1Greyteg said:

I also attended a Tristate competition and placed 3rd in SM behind a good friend of mine that is a Pro level driver and also M. Daddio The SCCA National SM champion. Unfortunately a Ford Focus flipped over Right in front of me on my first run. Kinda sent chills down my spine as I took the rest of the course run at 1/2 speed after the red flag went wild. The driver was OK, the car was totalled and the whole rest of the day went on without a hitch.

Daddio didnt win SM Nationally. He placed 4th.

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nationals/2002/results/sm.html

· Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
civicshin said:
You sir can DRIVE! Great job in Kansas. I was in one of the 2 Mazda Proteges in STS. The slower one unfortunately.

· Banned
2,834 Posts
Re: Re: Who Me?

PseudoRealityX said:

Ahh Gracias, I remember him saying that he was having car troubles then. Thanks for the correction. Overall he is an amazing driver though and quite matter of fact. He is very open and talked about everything from driving style, the course that day and technique to his car setup currently and what he plans for next season. All I have to say is that he promises a front end widebody with some amazingly wide 16" tires since he claims traction to be a serious issue with that Turbo Pig.

Thanks for the correction... It's just that he places 1st every where else except for last Sunday and at National's;) ...

A.

· Registered
44 Posts
Daddio didnt win SM Nationally. He placed 4th.
he beat henry the first day, but was having coil issues the second. you cannot rule him out whatsoever, how many championships has he gotten since winning rookie of the year in 1988? it is either 7 or 8. great guy too, very open about his setup and very forthcoming with driving tips. i beat him locally, but it was a fluke, too bumpy for him to lay power down. actually, it was getting under his skin when he found out how much faster i was going (1/2 sec on 4th run) i felt good, but not that great seeing he wasn't performing his best.

hey civicsiracer, any chance you could venture north to say, a englishtown event?

· Registered
1,833 Posts
I might show up on October 19th or October 26th :) It's just that I have an even on October 20th which is 2 hours away (ALOT OF driving for one weekend) and on October 27th it's at Camden, NJ (wish I could afford a hotel).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.