Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some opinions on my proposed N/A setup. I have a 2001 Prelude SH that's all stock except for some Potenza RE730's on stock rims (I like this combo). My plan is to build a kickin' daily driver without the aid of NOS or FI. Thanks for your comments in advance! :)

KYB AGX Struts
H&R Sport Springs
Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bars
Neuspeed Front Upper Strut Tower Bar

AEM CAI
DC Sports SS 4-2-1 Headers
Thermal R&D Classic Exhaust
AEM Tru-Power Pulley Kit

RC Engineering 440cc Saturated Injectors
MSD Digital 6-Plus Ignition Control
MSD Blaster HVC Coil
Magnecor KV85 Wires
NGK Platinum Plugs

Erick's Racing 70mm Throttle Body
Skunk2 Intake Manifold (when available)

Alaniz Technologies Full Blueprint Competition Head Work
Crower Stage 2 Cams w/ Stock Idle Lobe
Crower Cam Sprockets
Crower Dual Springs and Ti Retainers
Crower SS I/E Valves
JDM Type-S Pistons and Rings
(better to sleeve and go forged and 11.5:1 comp. ratio?)

Hondata S200 w/ Data Logging
P72 ECU

Jun Light Flywheel 12 lbs.
Clutchmaster Stage 3 FX300

·
Registered
207 Posts
sounds good

the engine work sounds much like what i am going to do with my car.

when do you start to put it together ?

J.S pistons might be better and i think they are 12.5:1, i read them up on the crower site.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm planning to do the suspension mods within the next month, and little by little I'll add more stuff to it until I have to save up some big bucks to pay for the head work. I plan it to be an ongoing project, and do all the mods over about a year, and not all at once cause of cash...

crower had some JE pistons listed at 10:1 or 11.5:1... I was hoping to still run pump gas (91 octane here in arizona)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
let me know how you like the hvc coil. i have the same ignition box but with a blaster 3 coil. the summit catalog says that the hvc coil is supposed to be used with the digital 6. thanks.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I like my KYB agx adj shocks and H&R race springs....definitly get those on first thing.....then the sway bars...they make a HUGE difference in handling!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
if youre goin all motor, you should get one of those individual throttle body manifold :) they look really really cool :) save you sum money for an intake too :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like my KYB agx adj shocks and H&R race springs....definitly get those on first thing.....then the sway bars...they make a HUGE difference in handling!
Do you have any problems with your H&R race springs being too low? The suspension stuff is the first group of things I'm going to do. Should be getting to it in October.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LABlue:

got any info/links to the throttle body manifold thing? thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
in tempe, really close to ASU

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Your plans for the motor buildup seem well thought out. In fact, I was close to running the same setup, until I found out how much money it was going to cost me. You should really try and save up and install most of the internals at once though, especially if you plan on having headwork done later on. It will save you some cash and possibly some headaches later on down the line.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
aglude said:
Do you have any problems with your H&R race springs being too low? The suspension stuff is the first group of things I'm going to do. Should be getting to it in October.
im on H&R race with stock shocks...pretty bad ride but thats mostly because of the fucked up shocks. its not too low at all for me...looks really good and hardly ever scrapes unless im being stupid. i have a really really low muffler too

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
aglude said:
I don't have problems at all.....I love how low it sits...you need to angle up most inclines though....and go slow over speed bumps, but if you drive careful.....you will never scrape.

and you will need camber kits if you opt for the race springs....sport springs don't need camber kits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts