Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST ORDERED A CROWER STAGE 2 CAMSHAFT W/ CROWER VALVE SPRINGS/RETAINERS AND A SKUNK2 CAM GEAR THE SPRINGS/RETAINERS ARE IN MY ROOM, BUT THE CAMSHAFT GOT BACKORDERED CAUSE OF ALL THE FIRES LAST WEEK IN CALI...IM GONNA ORDER THE VAFC-II EVENTUALLY....I HAVE ALL THE BASIC BOLT ONS AND WAS WONDERING WHAT KIND OF HP/TORQUE GAINS I SHOULD SEE REALISTICALLY....15-20?....BTW THIS IS FOR MY 96 VICK....

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
there's this special thing called a dyno... we have a few of them here in orlando... i'm not sure which ones are still operational but we still have phone books for that. anyways this thing you go to it and you pay a guy to tune your motor and you'll probably see 10 horsepower through out the rev-range.
without tuning i expect you'll see about 5 maybe 6 horsepower.

·
Registered
208 Posts
turn CAPS off

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bad bout the caps guys....didnt know that that wasnt the "cool thing" to do....and for the smart ass that told me bout the cool dynos in orlando like velocity resources, all version or lamota performance, never heard of em, but i was just tryin to get some feedback of what to expect...ill get it dynoed when i get vafc to know what to set it at...but persheate it though....btw i have unortohdox racing pulleys, dc header, kn intake, skunk2 intake manifold, skunk2 cam gear....soon vafc...

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
my name isn't smartass.
and you think you could have learned the answer to your question by doing a search. this question has been asked about 20 or so times at least.
and on the internet caps is considered yelling. that's why we don't like it when you type with it on.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Civac said:
my bad bout the caps guys....didnt know that that wasnt the "cool thing" to do....and for the smart ass that told me bout the cool dynos in orlando like velocity resources, all version or lamota performance, never heard of em, but i was just tryin to get some feedback of what to expect...ill get it dynoed when i get vafc to know what to set it at...but persheate it though....btw i have unortohdox racing pulleys, dc header, kn intake, skunk2 intake manifold, skunk2 cam gear....soon vafc...
With cams not being tuned you can actually lose hp peak or all over the powerband, and hp gains depend on to much(mods, tuning, fuel delivery, air being ingested, etc.) to give you an accurate idea...Plus all motors react differently to mods, so really it also depends on how your car reacts to it...so really no way to tell you for sure... you might look into other cams besides crowers(although they have "supossedly" fix thier b-seris cams, they have had to many break on to many people, who had them properly installed, for me to suggest anyone to buy them)...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5gencivic said:
my name isn't smartass.
and you think you could have learned the answer to your question by doing a search. this question has been asked about 20 or so times at least.
and on the internet caps is considered yelling. that's why we don't like it when you type with it on.
I didnt say you name was smart ass, I said thats what you are. And whos we, you got mice in your pockets. Your the only one that got your panties in a bunch over the "yelling" thing.

and TodaTeg...
Thanks for the info. Guess I will have to dyno to find out exactly, but all I was hoping for was a guesstamate on it.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Civac said:
I didnt say you name was smart ass, I said thats what you are. And whos we, you got mice in your pockets. Your the only one that got your panties in a bunch over the "yelling" thing.

and TodaTeg...
Thanks for the info. Guess I will have to dyno to find out exactly, but all I was hoping for was a guesstamate on it.
you got a guestimate already.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
5gencivic said:
gee... good thing nobody else came up with that thought... :rolleyes:
No shit a dyno will tell me how much it gave me. And the cam isnt even in my car yet. All I want is an idea of how much it could give me. gee...why didnt you get that... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Civac said:
No shit a dyno will tell me how much it gave me. And the cam isnt even in my car yet. All I want is an idea of how much it could give me. gee...why didnt you get that... :rolleyes:
here is a guesstament and it is pretty accurate and you can not get much closer then this.... Depending on mods and tuning

From skunk2 stage 2's you can see between 5whp to 65whp, now again this depends on all mods and tunging...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts