Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it's an intake filter that Apexi makes, costs about $150.
I bought it because I saw a chart comparing flow and filtration from all the big names, and the Power Intake was the most power productive AND most clean-flowing.
Thanks kommon!!

I replaced my K&N filter with this, and immediately felt a difference in response, horsepower, and torque.
Buy one, you will love it. FORREALS!! :clap

APEXI POWER INTAKE

Damn, I wish I could just post this in every car thread across the site...don't have time, now tho. :D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Dude do you trully believe that you gained Horsepower and Torque from an AIR FILTER ? im buying 10 right now, the site you linked dosent offer an air filter for the S2000.

But nice to see which is the best air filter

·
Registered
179 Posts
civicilian said:
I bought it because I saw a chart comparing flow and filtration from all the big names, and the Power Intake was the most power productive AND most clean-flowing.
Thanks kommon!!

I replaced my K&N filter with this, and immediately felt a difference in response, horsepower, and torque.
Buy one, you will love it. FORREALS!! :clap

APEXI POWER INTAKE

Damn, I wish I could just post this in every car thread across the site...don't have time, now tho. :D

how much power did the sticker give you when you put it on

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
haha, yeah I find that power gain claim a little hard to believe, just based on an air filter.... I mean, it's just an air filter...

either way, it's a really nice table... good to see which filters actually filter stuff... and which ones are just for show.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the only way that that you would get 14hp from an air filter alone on your s2k is if your old one was as dirty as a $2 whore... I could belive about that if you replaced the whole intake but not just a filter... nice graph though...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
ha! right... 75% of the intakes made for the S2K dont make power at all, much less 14hp! You won't see 14hp from an intake on just about any car... much less see that gain from an air filter alone!

·
Registered
56 Posts
On a civic replacing the whole intake with a AEM V2 you would get 15hp but thats a Civic not an s2k... i agree though replacing the intake would not make much power but the engine will sound MAD!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
civicilian said:
$150 Bucks for a Damn Filter ???????? unless its spoon..

·
Registered
908 Posts
What's interesting is the chart says Zero Maintenance, Lifetime Use. But if you go to the website you can buy replacement filters.

I think the actual filter housing + the filter it comes with is $150. Rather than just for the filter as mentioned in a post above. Then you just replace the filter element whenever it gets dirty. I mean, it's a filter. It's job is to get dirty. How can it be "Zero Maintenance, Lifetime Use"?

The website makes it sound good. But that just means the marketing department is doing it's job. I'll stick with whatever gives me the best bang-to-buck ratio. :btu

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.