Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a epox ep-8rda+ that shit the bed and I had a Thermaltake HS SLK 800u that mounted by bolts through the board. This is a nasty HS, but I don't know if my current Mobo can use it. This is a socket 462 and doesn't have holes through the board(MSI Kt4A-V). It has to be mounted with that clip that goes through the HS and you need to push down with a flat head.

So my question, what HS/Fan combo would you recomend that is not going to break the bank. I don't really feel like spending more then $30 bones. I have 6 case fans and I have a amd 1700 OC @ 1.7. The temps right now are saying 47C on average, but I set the alarm to go off at 50C.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I bought that motherboard (the epox one NFII one you are talking about) and the Aux ATX power connector plastic molding did not dry correctly and the plug would not fit..

The SLK900/SLK800 are pretty good -
I am buying the Thermalright SP97 for my Motherboard next. (they donot manf it so I have to scrounge for it on ebay)

The Zalman CPNS7000 works very well

Using Artic Silver 5 (AS5) thermal paste will maximize the efficiency of your heatsink/fan

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seen some of those Zalman heatsink combo's. I will have to look into them more. Also, yeah I am using the arctic silver 5. Thanks bro for replying.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
go to silentpcreview.com and they have a whole section on fans, they even show the noise level and heat efficiency

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, will do.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting a Aerocool HS, the fucking thing is huge. HS

I got it open box at a computer store for $31. I didn't realize it till later that it's made for AMD 3400+ and up. I have a 1700. I OC this bitch to 1.9

The temps before (OC to 1.7 to 1.8) were around 47-49. Now with it at 1.9 the highest it went is 46C.

Am I alright, or should I return this and get something else. I was going to get a Zalman fan, but It needs to mount with the four screws. This doesn't have holes (Or I would have used my thermaltake slk 800U.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
registered to fucko :lol :lol I bet you bought your copy of Windows

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
joeyl said:
registered to fucko :lol :lol I bet you bought your copy of Windows
OF course :D. Came with the computer from the store :p

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I installed a Zalman CPNS 7000 on a Nforce3-250 Chaintech ZNF3250 socket 754 with all the mounting H/w included. I don't know about it on a socket a mbd, it may be diff. Google the Heatsink you want with your mbd model and you can find out if it is compatible. I want my SP97....I am going to get my sys running stable @ XP3200+ speeds (I have a 2500+ Unlocked Barton manf 03-2003, and it loves to overclock and have upped voltages.)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I am just going to keep it. I'm lazy.

So far, the highest I've seen it was 48C. The lowest was like 43 idle. It has been on all day and hasn't rebooted so I am going to stick with it. I didn't increase any voltage or anything, just left it alone.

I will eventually build another system (maybe summer) AMD 64bit, and this will be used for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts