Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tough times for GM! duh

If it ain't news to you, it's news to me..... GM is trying to sell off hummer...

Reportedly, if they can't sell it by the end of next month, their just gonna shut it down.

oh, boy

I really thing the american automakers can pull out of this one. I purhased some ford stock at 1.75. Out of the three thier the most likely to survive.

GM's Next Move Will Be The Toughest - Behind the Wheel - Phil Lebeau - CNBC.com

· Registered
41,903 Posts
good, shut it down

· Registered
37,990 Posts
the hummer line of vehicles was nothing but a piece of shit anyway. the H2 is for jigs with too much cash. and it eats gas like a mofo and it weighs like 4tons.

the H3 is a baby hummer body on top of a tahoe. so its like buying a tahoe w/ a hummer price tag.

· Registered
39,372 Posts
the hummer line of vehicles was nothing but a piece of shit anyway. the H2 is for jigs with too much cash. and it eats gas like a mofo and it weighs like 4tons.

the H3 is a baby hummer body on top of a tahoe. so its like buying a tahoe w/ a hummer price tag.
actually the H3's are very reasonably priced. H2's can be gotten for relatively cheap also. my cousin got his 2005 w/30k miles about 2 years ago for around 42k.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the h2 were going for extremely cheap when the fuel crisis was going on. I don't know about now....

But who cares, anyway?? Wasn't the h2 built on a full-size pickup chassis? What special about that? To me, it's just a hunk of shit....

· Registered
19 Posts

Actually the H2 is on the Tahoe chassis, and the H3 is on the Chevrolet Colorado chassis and uses the same inline 5. I hate HUMMER though... I just happen to work at a GM dealership and know a thing or two lol...

· Registered
39,372 Posts
that says something to you doesnt it. when the depreciation is that terrible
i am not disagreeing with you. but depreciation for just about any vehicle today is terrible. i mean, for what it is, it is a pretty badass truck, and i am not a truck especially domestic truck person by any means.

· Registered
593 Posts
The hummer is much more capable off-road than any truck currently produced domestically.

Other than that, I don't like them, but I would never wish job loss upon anyone, so I hope they get bought out.

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The hummer is much more capable off-road than any truck currently produced domestically.

Other than that, I don't like them, but I would never wish job loss upon anyone, so I hope they get bought out.
not that I know much about off-road but if my life depended on it, I take a wrangler over a hummer. and I hate jeep!

· Registered
593 Posts
I believe there are numerous online and televised reviews of the two, and I believe the Hummer won many if not all.

I personally, would take a jeep over a hummer anyday though.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
I believe there are numerous online and televised reviews of the two, and I believe the Hummer won many if not all.

I personally, would take a jeep over a hummer anyday though.
If you're talking about the H2 Versus a Wrangler, the Wrangler won most of them (Rubicon Version). I saw in one vs. video a H2 went over a small rock the wrangler did previously and one of the front axles snapped off and the wheel was just stuck up in the wheel well.

The H2 was much like the Escalade, in that it's just a funky body on top of a Tahoe/Yukon chassis, but the Escalade is solidly a Tahoe with a body kit and different interior.

I'd say 42k can be spent on a much nicer car, that has more worth than a car that soccer moms pick their kids up from school with and leave in the driveway except in those circumstances.

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
The problem with the actual Military H1's is that they top out at about 55MPh, which gets you passed all over the place in Cali.
um I don't live in cali. I don't give 2 shits about cali, fuck cali. thats not where the h1 is meant to perform. the offroad is its home where 5 mph is probably as fast as you'll go. unless you have a good stretch of dirt otherwise its mud pits and hills with rocks to climb

FUCK CALI :flipoff:

· Registered
496 Posts
The problem with the actual Military H1's is that they top out at about 55MPh, which gets you passed all over the place in Cali.
when im 8 foot wide (literally a H1 takes up evover a hwy lane) fuck who ever tries to pass me. but im all for off road

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.