Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought both driver side doors for my accord since someone hit me in the street while it was parked. Bustards :ninja. I got the white doors in perfect shape off 2 different accords on 2 different junk yards, and when you buy anything off a junk yard, it has the item numbers on it. I called and asked what can i take those numbers off with and they told me its was a water based paint and that rubbing alcohol will take it right off. Since rubbing alcohol will discolor plastic or even melt it, wont it damage the paint. What can it be taken off with safely? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
If you are that worried about rubbing alcohol taking off paint or damaging it, use a little bit, on a small section of the door........that way if anything does occur..........it wont be that noticable.
However, I used rubbing alcohol on my paint before to get the glue off my back bumper and trunk, doesnt seem to have hurt the paint or clear coat.
On 2nd thought too...........if the paint and clear coat was THAT sensitive to things like rubbin alcohol.....dont you think time/wear and tear would have just beaten the crap out of the original paint too?
You shouldnt have an issue........jus try it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts