Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ECU question

like i've said time and time again, i have a d16y5 in my 99ex, it got put there by mistake, now if i get the p2n ecu, will it just clip right in no hassels? i'm running it on the p2p right now, and it's really not working out too well for me, i found a p2n, but i was just making sure it was a simple swap-out job, without added expense(ie converson harnesses, ect.)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so no takers huh? forget i posted nething :cry , lol i'm guess i'm gonna order the ecu

·
Registered
281 Posts
from my understanding there is no harness needed, it should just plug right in (could be wrong though)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98civcEK said:
as long as the p2n is from a 99 or 00 hx it will be just fine
i think 99-00 is p2e, but i dont know which year the engine is from, i pretty much no nothing about that engine except it has like 70000 miles on it and it is a y5

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
dantheman99ex said:
i think 99-00 is p2e, but i dont know which year the engine is from, i pretty much no nothing about that engine except it has like 70000 miles on it and it is a y5
no the p2e is the dx/lx ecu. but what i mean is they changed from obd2a to obd2b.......if you have a 99 you have the obd2b harness which you need a obd2b ecu to plug in

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does anyone know where i can get one except ebay? all they got is 96-98, the only 99-00 one they have is for AT and i got a stick, so i'm at a loss.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i ordered 99 fed p2n and now i donno how to install it, i know its inside the front right kickpanel, and i took it off and found my p2p, but the main question is, how do i get it out, i only took a glance at it, but it seems a bit hard to get tools in there. Any pointers?

·
Registered
435 Posts
its simple i used a pair of pliers and 5 min later i had my p28 in

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
remove some more plastic if you must.

shouldn't be that hard to remove 2 bolts, unplug the ecu and plug the new one in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank u much, now i'm just waiting for them to ship it, has anyone ever ordered a part from Cherry-auto.com? i donno if i trust this company, but i was desparate.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
skunkshifting said:
They never made a 99-00 hx they made them 96-98 then they replaced it with the si in 99-00.
you are retarded. they made hx's from 96-00 :rolleyes

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
speedjunky01 said:
lol your so polite...............
my apologies... having a bad day. :(

that's still a retarded thing to say none-the-less....
like the hx was on par with the SI or something. :bash
hx's were actually made from '96 'till '05... not sure if they are included in the '06 lineup or not.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IISaiNtII said:
you are retarded. they made hx's from 96-00 :rolleyes
lmfao :lol2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts