Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok listen to this... I bought my HX civic used. Now that I have it I dont know what has been replaced or if the 60k service was done. Im 16 so it takes me a while go earn money to buy shit like rims and expensive stuff. So I figured that I would start replacing stuff that I know wont cost much to replace and so on. Well I read this tread about spark plugs are saw the mixed reviews of the Bosch Platinum and NGK plugs. So yesterday i decided to go to my local autoparts store and get some NGK plugs. I get them and drive home happy. I read the thread alittle more and notice i have the plugs for a EX civic insted of HX with takes a different one i guess becouse it runs super lean. (And i noticed this thanks to Duce Black Coupe cuz we both have HX's(thanks man) Any way I take them back and ask for the right plugs. Of couse they dont carry the right NGK plugs. So I give in and buy the Bosch plugs. Can those plugs have hurt my motor? Would they have any affect on performace or gas mileage? By the way.. they where NGK and the differnce in the part # was they were a 5 and the HX takes a 4... Thanks :D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
the diff in numbers refers to the heat ranges of the plug. the lower the number the hotter the plug. u could use the EX plugs , thats what im using since i wnated a colder plug for my turbo...and fuckin pepboys didnt have anything colder than a 5 (ex plugs) so its not really gonna make much diff.
if u go to ngk's website, they got a article which explains what each number/letter on the plug means. check it out and u'll be enlightened...

i dunno aobut bosches though...ive been hearing that bosch and honda dont really work well. id just stick with the ngks, time tested and importer approved.

peace

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know we have alot of bosch haters here... but I dont get it. Why would a plug made by a respectable company not work good in a car like ours? I put them in and it started right up. I ran it down the road redlined it. Couldnt tell a difference... same thing. The only thing I have herd bad bout the platinum plugs is in cars with FI they act like glow plugs. My car motor wise is bone stock so i shouldnt have to worry. Thx:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts