Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, wondering if anyone else out there has got themselves a hybrid 4 door Civic. I think we are a fairly elite crew cause most people don't mod 4 doors... I am just tryin to see if anyone else out there shares my love for the overlooked Civic 4doors! I got a JDM b16a SiR2 going into mine this weekend (me and my friends are doing the swap ourselves, hope we don't F up) :)

· Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice, I like to see people who go above the usual and do mods to 4 doors. Most people look for a rare Civic to hook-up, the 4 door is where its at!! Anyone else out there with hybrid 4 doors?? Anyone...?

· Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heh, sedans are nice. we can carry people around and are still almost as light as EVERY other hatch in the world (the world has been littered with Civic hatchbacks and coupes). 4doors rule! I will post pictures of my 4door next week after the swap.... :)

· Registered
1,017 Posts
There is a guy around where I live with a LS motor in a 91 civic 4 door. It hauls ass.

· Registered
2,222 Posts
b16a ferio said:
Hey guys, wondering if anyone else out there has got themselves a hybrid 4 door Civic. I think we are a fairly elite crew cause most people don't mod 4 doors... I am just tryin to see if anyone else out there shares my love for the overlooked Civic 4doors! I got a JDM b16a SiR2 going into mine this weekend (me and my friends are doing the swap ourselves, hope we don't F up) :)
on clubsi there's a dude with a 00 civic sedan and a b18c engine.

· Registered
3 Posts
Sedan Heavy?

I have heard that the Civic Coupe is actually weighs more than the sedans.(5th gens)I do not know if this is true or not,anyone have the exact weights to compre them?
I just bought my 92 Civic sedan Lx about 3 months ago and I am planning on a b18b or a b20b swap with a turbo in the future for either engine,the engine is going to be installed within the next month or two,as for the turbo setup,that might be awhile due to lack of funds!
I love all Hondas,the Civic sedan is my favorite 5th gen,but the 6th gen I would have to say the hatchback.
Keep us updated on your swap.
Later.:D

· Registered
62 Posts
wow a post that endorses a 4dr amazing. I hav a 2000 lx auto and thought of engine upgrades. its daily driven, but I want more power so any suggestions? I was thinking b18b or a h22 supercharged. what are the advantages disadvantages of each, do u guys recommend anything else? i'm an engine newbie so excuze my ignorance. any feedback would be great

· Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would say b18c1. VTEC is very nice. If you do a swap, please convert to manual tranny. I hate it when people do swaps based entirely on which Honda motor comes with an automatic. Point of the swap is to have a fun car (auto isnt fun).

· Registered
62 Posts
i want to go 5 speed however my brother is learning 2 drive and he gets some say in it. Is sequential shifting an option. doesnt that work as a manual as well as an auto?(correct me if im wrong) does anyone have a sequential tranny? how is it?does the b18c1 hav more hp upgrade potential than a h22 because I want to swap and maybe add more power later?

· Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sequential/sport/tiptronic shifting is whack. It is definately NO replacement for a true manual transmission. Best part of manual is the clutch...ahhh the clutch and the easy endless burnouts you can do...My advice, LEARN STICK and screw the auto!!

· Registered
1,017 Posts
l2p said:
I own an 95 civic dx four door. four doors are almost the same weight as the 2door. My swap is an b18c, love it. It's a good sleeper.
I agree with you there. The weight isn't that much of a difference.

· Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
4 doors really are the ultimate sleeper. No one expects them to be fast, but then when they get smoked they are just completely baffled that a 4door can possess sooo much power!! Let's see some 1/4mile times for some of these hybrid 4doors out there.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.