Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having a hybrid car, i think its just too much trouble, actually im stressed about my recent smog situation. i gotta take it to a test only center. i did today and it didnt pass, well no shit huh?!? the smog thing is too much trouble. i think imma sell my car and get a 94 gsr.

btw, if i sell the car , and the guy who buys it isnt able to pass smog, can he come back to me and ask for money back or something like that? if not, then imma start posting my car on the recycler. thanks guys

· Registered
408 Posts
Having a hybrid is not that much trouble. Just make sure that you use the right ECU, inatke manifold, etc. with the motor you use. In other words, don't try to run that SOHC VTEC with a stock SI ECU or that GSR with a 1G JDM B16A ECU. And make sure the engine is newer than the car. If you do this, do everything right in the swap, and the engine is in good shape, you should be fine.

As for selling a car that cannot smog, this is not a problem as long as you let the buyer know about the situation. If you don;t tell the buyer this, then he does have legal recourse.

· Registered
3,140 Posts
I agree except that I don't have a hybrid, I think it's too much trouble to get one, and it's really stressing me out that I can't figure out a way to get the cash for an engine swap. The 92-95 civic hb is like my favorite car but I don't want one unless I can get an engine swap. Even though I want one really bad I think im gonna have to settle for a 94-97 integra gsr.

· Registered
89 Posts
What's your setup? The setup for my bro's B16A EG-6 passes smog with flying colors... There must be something wrong with the engine management aspect of your swap (ecu? wiring? sensors? is the cat on the car?)... don't sell the car yet... the problem might be simple to solve your smog situation... we started off with problems too but when we solved them the rewards were great...

· Registered
3,140 Posts
Exactly what do you mean by emissions components? Like catalytic converter and o2 sensor? Is there more to it than that? It's just so much easier to find a jdm motor, and they have low mileage, and typically they are cheaper.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.