Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Today, and he showed me a bottle of Meguiars Final Inspection #34 spray. According to him, on a clearcoat finish like mine, you can't really get to the actual paint since its under all that clearcoat. So he uses that and told me no other wax or polish is neccessary. I thought about this and how I would do a swirl coat remover coat, polish, then wax only for it to last for a week or so. What do you guys think about this? I have spots of infamous pink fade that red Hondas have, just want to know if it can be taken care of.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So what is your question?
Can or should you wax clear coat paint?
Yes clear coat needs to be waxed.If there are any swirl marks then a polish is needed. Polishing removes any dead clear coat and brings the gloss back.
Wax is a sacrificial layer that the air born contaminates attack. When the wax has been exposed to the elements for a few months, its time to repolish (to remove the remaining wax) then re apply the wax.
Will Meg 34 FI be enough for protection?
by itself no(unless it is a museum piece that never sees the outdoors)
But you should pick some up, it remove light dust and pollen that also helps extend the wax.
It's also great for removing bird bombs!

·
Registered
39 Posts
ya a clear coat does need to be waxed because over time it will dull and haze

and you need a paint cleaner/detailing clay, polish and a wax

a *cleaner* polish and a paint cleaner, will remove dead paint and wax but a pure polish will only add depth. A pure polish like M07 can be used before and after wax to make the paint look richer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts