Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah so my tranny blew tonight while i was at a stop sign for some reason :confused and now it migh be possible that i have to get a new tranny. if so what are some tranny's that will make my car faster. and yes i know about the trade off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, those lude trans are kinda weak, any 90-97 accord or 94-2000 lude trans will work. I have a independant shop and have done alot of honda/acura work. you can buy new, big bucks for sure, or rebuilt used or just plain old used. If you can't locate one I might be able to hook ya up?? e-mail @ [email protected] good luck eh?

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bearz said:
Yeah, those lude trans are kinda weak, any 90-97 accord or 94-2000 lude trans will work. I have a independant shop and have done alot of honda/acura work. you can buy new, big bucks for sure, or rebuilt used or just plain old used. If you can't locate one I might be able to hook ya up?? e-mail @ [email protected] good luck eh?
um, i drive a teg but thanks for the help.

·
Registered
238 Posts
any b series tranny should fit...right?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Prelude94' said:
Yeah so my tranny blew tonight while i was at a stop sign for some reason :confused and now it migh be possible that i have to get a new tranny. if so what are some tranny's that will make my car faster. and yes i know about the trade off.

your tranny didnt blow for no reason while you were at the light.
did you launch the car hard or something?
give us more details as to what happend maybe we can figure out what went wrong...maybe its just clutch/flywheel/cable related.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Would it not go into gear or did the clutch have a loose feel? We need details.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
give us more details as to what happend maybe we can figure out what went wrong...maybe its just clutch/flywheel/cable related.

your right, my tranny didnt blow for no reason at a light. It blew up for no reason at a stop sign. I wouldnt lie. A nice guy driving a turbo supra stoped and helped me push my car to the side of the road. I walked back up to the stop sign and picked up 3 small differential gears among hundreads of metal peices and even a peice of the tranny housing. my shift linkage rod or whatever its called was also hanging down touching the ground. But anyway the car is at my mech's and the said the differential broke for what ever reason. I think its just an old car and metal fatigue got to it. thanks for the replys and keep em coming. If i can find a 2nd gen gsr that would be good.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
update: Im getting a used ls tranny. Its gonna cost me $1,000.
I tried to find a gsr cable tranny but it was hard enough to find a ls tranny. Im also getting new motor mounts. I think that was the cause for my premature cv axel and tranny failure.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
While you have it apart, if you can swing the extra cash, go ahead and put an LSD and all in there. Better to do it now than to take it back apart. Unless your really not into modding this thing up a lot.

·
Registered
578 Posts
a grand is alot of money for a stock b tanny .. i paid 500 for my jdm j1 tranny and it does make a diff if you get a lower geared tranny,, i put mine on my b20 that is in my 93 teg and it has lotssssssssss of torque...

·
Registered
578 Posts
and yes bad motor mounts will kill a good tranny.. has happed to me more then once...

·
Registered
578 Posts
hey man i got a tranny in my garage i wil sell you for like 400 plus ship ,( will be about 100 to 150 ) if you are interested email me at [email protected] or just call me 505 317 4373 ,, jesse

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
midnightsdawn89 said:
hey man i got a tranny in my garage i wil sell you for like 400 plus ship ,( will be about 100 to 150 ) if you are interested email me at [email protected] or just call me 505 317 4373 ,, jesse
damn, too late. And yeah my motor mounts are what killed the tranny. Im getting them replaced and putting in new es mounts. and that price is including labor.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
my tranny housing around the differential that broke. i just replaced the clutch/flywheel/cable like a month ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.