Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

i bought skunk2 VALVE SET (+0.5MM OVERSIZE B-SERIES DOHC VTEC) - HIGH COMP
i want ask what other things should i change??

springs
RETAINERS
seats valves
and what???

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
IMO if youre goin to do a lot of headwork it seems like itd be easier to do it all at once since you already got everything aPart. everything you listed would be good, but a much more aggressive set of cams would be nice also if youre goin to get the other shit for a good combo.

·
Registered
959 Posts
To take in and put out more air of course...also get arp head bolts while you have it out...I almost regret not going larger on valves and pistons due to feeling of spending too much cash and not feeling the power difference at times...altough I'm not tuned yet.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
my point is that unless you have a pretty high C/R and some fairly aggressive cams then oversized valves will most likely hurt your HP figures.

When messing with the head, bigger is rarely better. It's velocity you want, and you don't get that by making things bigger.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now i want buy a

valves seat. valve springs. Retainers. Guides

i want tune my engine b16a and i wamt over 500hp in kuwait

if u have a good idea or note pleas tell me and this is my list

Honda del Sol Setup

1.Engine B16A
2.ECU
3.Transmission
-
Engine B16A Setup
1.valves.done valve springs. Retainers. Guides
2.Camshafts. gears
3.Sleeving Block. Stroker Kits
-
ECU
-
Transmission
1.Stage 3 Clutches
2.Short shift
-
Turbo
-

im learning about engines power i have a money
but im waiting for learn
i want do every thing my self i have pics for waht im doing but i dont know how to upload
thanks

·
Registered
959 Posts
Well don't quote me on this, but if you're going turbo I don't think you'll need valve springs because turbo cams are practically stock cams. You may not even need to buy new cams. If you're going all out though with bigger valves and all you may want to ship your head out and have a Port and polish job done and they can install your valves for you (about $900). In the transmission you may want to throw in a LSD and light weight flywheel.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
ismael-robert said:
Well don't quote me on this, but if you're going turbo I don't think you'll need valve springs because turbo cams are practically stock cams. You may not even need to buy new cams. If you're going all out though with bigger valves and all you may want to ship your head out and have a Port and polish job done and they can install your valves for you (about $900). In the transmission you may want to throw in a LSD and light weight flywheel.
Turbo cams are stock cams? What are you talking about...and if his goal is REALLY 500hp then cams would definitely help.

And a lightweight flywheel in a 500hp car? I suggest you do some more research before giving out advice.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ismael-robert said:
thats not true
u need a strong cam and not just cam u need strong head. how that!
i will tell u
if any body want 500hp like what i want
u need research about how u can get it and thats what im doing
so if u need 500hp u need big valves if u need big valves u need seat valves and guide valves if u get it u need dual springs if u get all head things then u need cams a good and strong cams and now u end the head and go to the block stroker kits with sleeving thats will be ok
and just need a turbo
what im doing not buy every thing i just buy every thing i know and learnnig about it and then buy it

i know u cant understand me because my language im from kuwait and know a little english

·
Registered
959 Posts
I didn't say turbo cams are stock cams I just said they're not much different...they aren't supposed to be made to make crazy hp like a set of stage 1,2, or 3 cams so he shouldn't buy cams from your ordinary maker he needs to find someone who makes a turbo cam like crower or crane I think makes a set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.