Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i got the car the clutch was too soft, the kid said it happened to him one day and he thought his clutch had gone out. so when i built the motor i replaced the clutch and pressure plate, had the flywheel resurfaced, and more recently replaced the slave and master cylinder and completely (as far as i can tell) bled the system. I still have low pressure in the pedal. the car is drivable, and has been for weeks, but it doesnt feel like my SE pedal does. i know it should be a lot stiffer and tighter feeling but i cant figure out what it could be other than the things i repalced. any other things i should check?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I replaced my oem clutch line from the clutch damper that is connected to the firewall with a stainles steel braided wire and it firmed up my clutch pedal a little. now I just have to get the wiring done.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright i'll try bleeding it, but we went through a lot of fluid and it didnt make a difference.

the other thing im thinking is i might have a small leak somewhere? but im not losing pressure, and im not leaking any fluid i think. even then, i dont think a small leak would prevent me from building pressure because the master in my SE leaks a little and it is very firm and positive feeling.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
WillyG said:
alright i'll try bleeding it, but we went through a lot of fluid and it didnt make a difference.

the other thing im thinking is i might have a small leak somewhere? but im not losing pressure, and im not leaking any fluid i think. even then, i dont think a small leak would prevent me from building pressure because the master in my SE leaks a little and it is very firm and positive feeling.
you know where the banjo bolt is on the tranny. i think its a bajo, watch that. sometime those crush washer wont work. see if its leekin from there

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DrivinVtec said:
you know where the banjo bolt is on the tranny. i think its a bajo, watch that. sometime those crush washer wont work. see if its leekin from there
ahh shit doggy dog i dont even think i considered the banjo bolts when i put that back together. although i dont think its leaking, it may be letting air in or something. either way i'll just replace them and see what happens. it'll be cheap and if it does the trick i'll be pumped. but other than that, what else can leak?

·
Registered
249 Posts
check the condition of the rubber line going from the damper to the trans.. and def check for leaks around the lines. It most likely leaks only whne you depress the pedal, creating enough pressure for it to leak out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.