Did a b16 swap......

gsr cams, aem gears.

Ill explain later.

Reactions: crapinmypantscivic

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, i swapped for a good reason. But it was all brought on by something you guys wont like at all.....or maybe you will.

I have finally found the car ive been looking for since i was 14 years old. 1993 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo. The one I've found already has almost 500hp and is being sold by the shop that built it. However in order to get my dream car, i have to say goodbye to my beloved Civic Si. Which brings me to the reason i swapped down to the b16. I traded even, my LS/VTEC for a 10,000 mile b16 with GSR cams and aem cam gears. The guy i swapped motors with will take my motor and do damn nice things with it. He's shooting for the first 11 sec all motor car in eastern North Carolina. My car will accually be worth more my the blue book value with a b16 because that what it came with.

Please guys dont disown me because I'm going to a nissan. Im still gunna stay here on Superhonda and contribute everything I know to this site.

So there's your explaination. Just didnt want a strong motor to go to waste.

·
Registered
435 Posts
but y i love your car.. :cry :cry

like 300zx too i bought bout a NA one before i got my civic and it had ttops and stuff but for some reason i didnt... oh ya insurance sucks thats y lol
good luck to u

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
civic96TN said:
but y i love your car.. :cry :cry

like 300zx too i bought bout a NA one before i got my civic and it had ttops and stuff but for some reason i didnt... oh ya insurance sucks thats y lol
good luck to u

Cool thihng is that the TT will be insured the same as the the N/A. Both are two seater sportscars.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
kick ass, i love the z32, except for they are heavy pigs, but 500 hp will solve that

if you got any questions about nissan shit, just ask, i might just know a lil bit about those cars ;)

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Clone said:
yup... smart move. I'd trade a civic for one of those any day of the week.

Accually im getting a N/A 300zx and swapping the TT into it. That saves the extra weight of the HICAS rear steering system that everyone disables anyway. Almost 300lbs difference in weight. So there ya go, theres a 1990 N/A 300zx here on base with only 89,000 miles and LOADED inside. grey and black leather, 5sp, touch screen dvd player in the dash, digital climate control and all, im takin pics later.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
2000redCIVICsi said:
I have finally found the car ive been looking for since i was 14 years old. 1993 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo. The one I've found already has almost 500hp and is being sold by the shop that built it.
Awesome! Good luck with it!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Congrats man, i wanted a z car since i was in highschool. Next summer im going to trade in the 06 Si for an 07 350Z and keep it bone ass stock for 100k miles or so

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ill take a few pics of it as soon as i can. My internet at home crashed so i can only post at work. (When I'm not supposed to) Ill get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Good luck bro. If that's what you've been wanting, I say go for it. I am in the market for a hatch. :D My wife is yelling for me to get out of the game (28 years old) but I just can't. lol.

But anyways, wish you the best and post some pics ASAP!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.