Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not exactly sure what engine type it is it says in my owners manuel mhn 2.2 v5 fnf1 16v 5speed. if anyone knows what that means please tell me i know its a 2.2, not an 89 its a 90, thank you god, ill take pictures tomorrow when its light out. its nice.... thanks for your replys.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If it's a 1990 Honda Accord, you have a...:Fuel Injected 2.2L 4cyl f22a engine. Thats the engine code: f22a (ur's is a 90 so it's prob f22a1) Stock 125hp (prob less now) 17 sec 1/4 mile, Single overhead cam (SOHC).

·
Registered
386 Posts
umm im not really sure what you mean by type or class? but as far as tuning, I'd say it ya, it's good for an accord. It definetly has potential, some would disagree, but i personally like f22's. There are endless possibilities for tuning. You could swap (h22),turbo,build up, basic mods, etc. Those car's beg to be lowered in my opinion. but ya you can have fun with it, and work on it. Just don't expect to be running 13's anytime soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
well the engine depends on what u want.

F22 = economical engine
H22 = Performance engine

Now that Accord might need some work. I have a '91 and they are fun but working on them is easy.
Well if u need help u can ask me i can give u some tips.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
SOHCACCORD said:
thats on my mind too, but im more focused on the engine.
why? you should be more focused on driver, then suspension, then the engine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i had a 91 accord and when i traded it in in 1999 it had over 255,000 miles. best car to date that i ever have owned. but buddy worry about the appearnace first and do a tune up first i can gaurantee it needs one and how may miles cuz if its high u may have to get teh water pump and timin done. and im sure it will cost as much as u paid for it and is it a 5 spd? well enjoy the car. great car

·
Registered
136 Posts
tews19_1995LX said:
i had a 91 accord and when i traded it in in 1999 it had over 255,000 miles. best car to date that i ever have owned. but buddy worry about the appearnace first and do a tune up first i can gaurantee it needs one and how may miles cuz if its high u may have to get teh water pump and timin done. and im sure it will cost as much as u paid for it and is it a 5 spd? well enjoy the car. great car
yes its a 5 speed, just got new fule/ water pump new radiator, tune up, timing, verything is done, and it was givin to me by my moms friend, very fun to drive, needs new suspension though, im gonna buy a suspension kit and new wheels, that in august.

·
Registered
555 Posts
ItzCashew said:
well the engine depends on what u want.

F22 = economical engine
H22 = Performance engine

Now that Accord might need some work. I have a '91 and they are fun but working on them is easy.
Well if u need help u can ask me i can give u some tips.
F22= alot of power if you know what your doing.

Friend has A Boosted F22 that whoops very much ass.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.